D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

So name them?

The thing about "conventional wisdom" is it's often wrong. As evidence, I cite Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 7, Planescape Torment.
How about Oblivion, Skyrim (which alone has sold more copies than all three of those put together, I suspect lol), Fallout 3, Fallout: NV, Fallout 4, Saint's Row 1/2/3/4/etc., Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1/2/3, Elden Ring (notably Sekiro, that didn't let you create your character, did okay but not as well as some of those), do I need to go on? I've outdone the sales of the games you listed many times over lol.

Planescape Torment sold a really sad number of copies btw. People claiming they played it is like people claiming they were at Woodstock lol. It's also the only game of the three you listed that even LETS you create your character. Like, obviously The Witcher, about Geralt, has a fixed face, gender, basic personality, bodyshape, and so on. It's weird to even mention that. I note the next major/main Witcher game, the one with the Lynx medallion teaser, will full feature full character generation because CDPR believe that's the way of the future.

Should note the accusations against Cummings where from his ex wife during a custody battle, where they were both saying bad things about each other. And Investigators found the accusations to be unsubstituted. The wife did not press any charges or bring that stuff up anywhere but the custody trial.
Go read the article. The one he definitely admits to is totally messed-up (re: the puppy). He literally admitted to it. Most people aren't like, keen on people who hurt pets.

Anyone who thinks that's "fine" is not someone I'd want to hang out with.

Oblivion, Skyrim
These are more games that you never really see your character. Would they really have not sold if they had more limited character appearance customisation?
Fallout 3, Fallout: NV
Fallout3 was rubbish, and again you don't see your character so it doesn't matter what they look like.
I note the next major/main Witcher game, the one with the Lynx medallion teaser, will full feature full character generation because CDPR believe that's the way of the future.
They also thought releasing a game full of massive bugs was a good idea. So I can see why they might think doing the thing other companies had already done and moved on from might be the way of the future.

These are more games that you never really see your character. Would they really have not sold if they had more limited character appearance customisation?
LOL.

Yeah. You never see your character. ROFL. That's why we see countless screenshots of people's characters, and why Nexus Mods has LITERALLY TENS OF THOUSANDS of mods to do with the appearance of your character, some of which people have been working on

Could it possibly be that there's some kind of simple button that puts you in third person view? Could it be that loads of people use it all the time (unlike the clunky as hell photo mod for 2077, but 2077 has not-bad chargen for sure)? Could it be you even play the game that way?

Never see your character... pull the other one mate, it's got bells on.
Fallout3 was rubbish
No dispute there, it's absolute crap! But it's immaterial innit, because it sold several times as many copies as PS:T. FO4 sold like literally 20x more or something.

Oh what's one of the most famous images in FO4? Oh it's intro where you're designing the face you'll supposedly "never see", yet is in dozens and dozens of screenshots from FO4 on my drive!

1671149433927.png

PS I did better than the generic face shown here.

They also thought releasing a game full of massive bugs was a good idea. So I can see why they might think doing the thing other companies had already done and moved on from might be the way of the future.
I mean, more of an attempted burn than a successful one, but I do appreciate the effort.

Go read the article. The one he definitely admits to is totally messed-up (re: the puppy). He literally admitted to it. Most people aren't like, keen on people who hurt pets.

Anyone who thinks that's "fine" is not someone I'd want to hang out with.
I read that. He put a puppy in a tub then forgot about it for a while. Once reminded he got the dog and there were no ill effects. He was trying out some dog discipline advice he had heard. I read the articles and everything that followed.

Scribe

Legend
It’s a good game that follows the systems pretty faithfully, like BG1 and 2 did.

I havent played it since maybe patch 4, still havent run around yet with the Paladin, but it didnt seem very faithful back when I put in some testing.

I prefer this meme for how I feel about it. :)

PZvYe4c.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases