new build. Need help with Exalted feats.

jason_gosse

First Post
I just thought up a new build and need some help with picking out the feats.

Half-dragon human barbarian, with Scared Vow and Vow of Poverty right off. I am building him straight to level CL17/ecl 20, level by level. I need some help picking out feats that will increase his ability to use his natural weapons and, to stay alive, increasing his AC, for example. Also, some opinions on this build would be appreciated, as well as possible multiclass options or alternate class ideas that might work, such as rogue or ranger. If a ranger's two weapon fighting can be used for natural weapons, that may be an asset. I am not that familiar with the use of natural wepons.

In total I will have the 5 CL feats and the 9 Exalted feats.

These are most of the Vow of Poverty bonuses you get.

Level1 Ex feat, Ac +4
Level2 Ex feat,
Level3 Ac +5
Level4 Ex feat, Ex strike +1,
Level5
Level6 Ex feat, Ac +6, Deflection +1
Level7 +2 abs
Level8 Ex feat, Nat armor +1,
Level9 Ac +7
Level10 Ex feat Ex strike +2
Level11 +4/+2 abs
Level12 Ex feat Ac +8, Deflection +2
Level13
Level14 Ex feat Ex strike +3
Level15 Ac +9 +6/+4/+2 Abs
Level16 Ex feat Nat armor +2
Level17 Ex strike +4

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
The Exalted feats must be, in fact, exalted feats. :)

Other feats to consider would include Improved Natural Armor (which stacks with itself, I believe), Improved Toughness, Dodge, and some of the various heritage feats (Fiendish, Abberant, etc.) which add things like AC, DR, and the like.

jason_gosse

First Post
Kafkonia said:
The Exalted feats must be, in fact, exalted feats. :)

Yeah had that fealing, would of been nice not to have limits with it.

Kafkonia said:
Other feats to consider would include Improved Natural Armor (which stacks with itself, I believe), Improved Toughness, Dodge, and some of the various heritage feats (Fiendish, Abberant, etc.) which add things like AC, DR, and the like.
Imp nat armor dose stack with it's self I just don't know if a feat is worth +1 to ac.
But where would I find Heritage feats.

Kafkonia

First Post
jason_gosse said:
Imp nat armor dose stack with it's self I just don't know if a feat is worth +1 to ac.
But where would I find Heritage feats.

Aberrant feats are in Lords of Madness, Abyssal Heritor feats are in the Fiendish Codex I. There are others, but those are the two sources that spring to mind.

As for a feat being worth +1 to AC, bear in mind that feats are now the only way you're going to improve your AC (aside from spells and raising your Dex.) No armour, no shield, no magic items.

Remove ads