New Character Builder from WotC!

Scribble

First Post
On the flip side- now that it's online when I go on business trips I can use the CB since I don't have to install anything on a computer I'm not allowed to install stuff on! :)

Everything has positives and negatives.

Fusiox

First Post
ENworld invents the best phrases, i swear. I liked "WotC raped my childhood" when Dungeon and Dragon went digital, but "hold my characters hostage?" Brilliant!

Wait, i'll try it out: "Steam holds my savegames and achievements hostage."

I love it. :)

Ahh, but you see, one does not have to pay a monthly fee for the Steam service. It's like holding something ransom, but not requesting any real ransom fee.

This new DDI system, however, is terrorism... (Subtle pun, eh?)

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Ahh, but you see, one does not have to pay a monthly fee for the Steam service. It's like holding something ransom, but not requesting any real ransom fee.

This new DDI system, however, is terrorism... (Subtle pun, eh?)

You would have to pay a monthly fee, if it wasn't primarily a shop. Or if Valve were more greedy. Like, lets say, Xbox live. Otherwise, how do you pay for server costs?

Oh, and thanks for devaluing the word terrorism even more. I look forward to hear people at the grocery store talk about terrorism when apples are too expensive.

OpsKT

Explorer
You would have to pay a monthly fee, if it wasn't primarily a shop. Or if Valve were more greedy. Like, lets say, Xbox live. Otherwise, how do you pay for server costs?

Oh, and thanks for devaluing the word terrorism even more. I look forward to hear people at the grocery store talk about terrorism when apples are too expensive.

They don't already? What magical place do you live, where people don't feel entitled and think they live in a vacuum?

Fusiox

First Post
Oops. I think I used the wrong word. Sorry if I offended anyone :erm: I idn't mean to devalue anything... It was early in the new year, I was a bit tired, somewhat insane... I have gotten my manners back in line.

In any case, I prefer good 'ole pen-and-paper to digitized D&D. It's traditional, and a lot more fun when everything in the world has been digitized. Even food.

Thank you for that, Facebook. You're my only friend :confused:*

However, completely integrating the DDI system onto the internet certainly has its uses. For one thing, I can imagine it becoming a lot easier to play versus D&Ders around the entire world, if they put some effort into it. (Which, unfortunately, they haven't proven well) And, given some work, D&D can become a true MMORPG!
Just joking.

I think I'll stick to the books for now. If it turns out that DDI actually works, maybe I'll give it a spin. But nothing beats the smell of ten pounds of paper on the table, and a bunch of guys almost as ridiculous as you are throwing cheetos and making cracks about rick-rolling!

And, Rel, please don't permaban me :erm:

Remove ads