• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E New D&D Survey, with some in-depth setting questions

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
That all makes sense. I normally pick Tieflings, but I dont like 5e Tieflings, so was hoping they would ask for a follow up on 'why these races.'

A 'pick 3 you dont like' is an odd miss actually on the survey questions.
I was also confused as to why it didn't do that "which of the 3 favorites that you chose is your favorite and why?" for when you get to choose your 3 favorite classes. (I chose Artificer, Paladin, and Warlock, and would have liked for them to give me a chance to explain why I liked them.)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I was also confused as to why it didn't do that "which of the 3 favorites that you chose is your favorite and why?" for when you get to choose your 3 favorite classes. (I chose Artificer, Paladin, and Warlock, and would have liked for them to give me a chance to explain why I liked them.)
They have in the past, and they might not be actively developing any products yet where they need that data, just spot-check where things stand with people right now in broad strokes. Whereas Ray Winninger has made Settings a big part of how he is making his mark on D&D as the head of the Game studio, and they are actively developing a lot of Setting products right now.

Anybody have a screenshot of the Eberron options? I picked FR but Eberron would have been option #2 for me, and I'm curious what the lineup looks like.

Laurefindel

Legend
OMG, Birthright as my fav, and warlock, and half elf... man I loved this survey, I am just afraid being a 40+ year old white man (old man) they may weigh my opinion less... since I am very much the past holding on for now...but i may not be the future (I mean I hope I still have 20ish years of playing in me... but me at 16 thought I would be playing for 70 years)
I'm not sure you'd weigh that much less. As a 40+, you are likely to...

• have money (well, enough to buy their stuff at any case).
  • have kids that are now late-teenagers/young-adults that you may have introduced/encouraged to play D&D. The majority of "second-generation players" parents are in their 40s.
  • have kids that are now late-teenagers/young adults, meaning that you are no longer removed from the playing demographics because you have three toddlers underfoot, a career to start, and no time to play...
  • have experienced/witnessed firsthand the aforementioned settings.
  • have a nostalgia string they can play on.
  • hope to play for another 20ish years.

If I were WotC asking about settings, I'd weigh your opinion quite carefully...

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Anybody have a screenshot of the Eberron options? I picked FR but Eberron would have been option #2 for me, and I'm curious what the lineup looks like.
1635805041314.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm not sure you'd weight that much less. As a 40+, you are likely to...

• have money (well, enough to buy their stuff at any case).
  • have kids that are now late-teenagers/young-adults that you may have introduced/encouraged to play D&D. The majority of "second-generation players" parents are in their 40s.
  • have kids that are now late-teenagers/young adults, meaning that you are no longer removed from the playing demographics because you have three toddlers underfoot, a career to start, and no time to play...
  • have experienced/witnessed firsthand the aforementioned settings.
  • have a nostalgia string they can play on.
  • hope to play for another 20ish years.

If I were WotC asking about settings, I'd weight your opinion quite carefully...
I don't think WotC is likely to dismiss anyone's input here, but having data you can slice from multiple angles is helpful for them.

Honestly, given the ramp up in Settings we have seen so far, and have been promised (for a low level value of "promise") moving forwards, these questions seem more geared towards product development rather than a popularity contest ("why do the people who still love Mystara like the Setting, precisely, and can we build around that for a fresh broader audience?").

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads