• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New DDM set spoilers!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Yeeeeessssss! GRAZT! Sweeeeeeet!

Oh yeah ... and a PURPLE DRAGON!

Those pictures aern't exactly the best quality, and some of the minis are a bit meh ... but you get that with any set. For the most part, these look pretty good to me.:cool:

pollochicken

First Post
I bought a case (my first case!) of Legendary Evils, and I'll definitely be getting a case of these. I want at least one of almost every mini shown, and I may have to buy some loose singles from eBay to bulk out some of the others I want.

Also, as already mentioned, the sculpts do seem to be improving. I typically do some touch-up paint (with Games Workshop paint) right over the existing paint, and I've never had problems with it flaking or peeling, so I'll likely do the same with any paintjobs I'm unhappy with in this set.

Beckett

Explorer
My only complaint is that I'm finishing up Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress, and I'm seeing several minis that would have been great to have, instead of "The ogre is actually a BLANK and this orc is a BLANK." Well, that and there's at least one mini that shows in the next adventure, but I'll be beyond that point by the time its released. *sigh* At least it's not as much a delay as getting Irontooth in Legendary Evils (I do have some plans for him, though).

I really hope the minions like the Legion Devils and the angels are commons.

Nebulous

Legend
My only complaint is that I'm finishing up Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress, and I'm seeing several minis that would have been great to have, instead of "The ogre is actually a BLANK and this orc is a BLANK." Well, that and there's at least one mini that shows in the next adventure, but I'll be beyond that point by the time its released. *sigh* At least it's not as much a delay as getting Irontooth in Legendary Evils (I do have some plans for him, though).

I really hope the minions like the Legion Devils and the angels are commons.

The salamanders and gith really, really need to be uncommons. We've had enough of those as Rare. Overall i like the look of the set. And i really like seeing these months ahead of time, gives me a good idea of what to plan for.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
... I typically do some touch-up paint (with Games Workshop paint) right over the existing paint, and I've never had problems with it flaking or peeling, so I'll likely do the same with any paintjobs I'm unhappy with in this set.

I do the same thing, and Yeah, I've never had a problem with flaking or peeling either. The only problem I do have is it seems any added layers of paint start to really cover up the figures features, especially facial features. Unfortunately, there's just nothing to be done for it short of stripping off the original paint. But I really don't think that's possible without dissolving the figure itself.:(

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Wow, these minis are really cheap. That marilith is only 12 yuan (under $2). My wife has quite a few friends who live in China, I know they can order these toys for us and we'll just pay them back on our next trip back there.

I think you just caused Peter Lee to curl up into a fetal position and cry!:-S

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I hate that 4E has such shrinkage issues.

Grazzt as a Medium??!? A nightwalker as a large? That thing looks sad.

As for the set - I have a use for about 1/4 of 'em.

Last edited:

Remove ads