New Discussion Thread

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think that's how I'd treat it as well.

However, if you're asking whether you'll be able to retrain your Warlord multiclass feat as soon as PHB2 becomes approved (instead of waiting until you gain a level), we haven't been doing that so far, so I don't think it will happen then. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant, but I thought I'd better say it just in case.

Dunamin

First Post
I noticed people are starting to make wish lists and sorting it by level, rather than category. I thought I'd try out a different format; what do you guys think about something like this?

Woe's Wish List

This list displays three prefered items up to character level +5 in order of priority.

Weapon: +1 spear of myrdroon's shard (Dr364) > +1 vanguard spear (AV) > +1 acidic spear (AV).
Armor: +1 agile scale armor (AV) > +1 reinforcing scale armor (AV) > +1 salubrious scale armor (AV).
Neck: +1 cloak of distortion (AV) > +1 cloak of the walking wounded (AV) > +1 amulet of physical resolve (AV).

I just put in the 3 basic essential categories for now, then one could expand as desired.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I kind of like that idea, Dun. Just because the highest level item on your list is a (for example) suit of armor doesn't mean that you'd like armor most. ;)

I think it'd be good to list the item levels too, though. Especially if it's intended as a DM reference.

Dunamin

First Post
I kind of like that idea, Dun. Just because the highest level item on your list is a (for example) suit of armor doesn't mean that you'd like armor most. ;)

I think it'd be good to list the item levels too, though. Especially if it's intended as a DM reference.
Good point! Yeah, prioritizing happens on two levels here (pun not intended): The order in which you present the categories and the order in which you present the items for each.

So, with levels it would look more like this:

Woe's Wish List
This list displays three prefered items up to character level +5 in order of priority.
Weapon: +1 spear of myrdroon's shard (Dr364, L4) > +1 vanguard spear (AV, L3) > +1 acidic spear (AV, L4).
Armor: +1 agile scale armor (AV, L5) > +1 reinforcing scale armor (AV, L4) > +1 salubrious scale armor (AV, L4).
Neck: +1 cloak of distortion (AV, L4) > +1 cloak of the walking wounded (AV, L4) > +1 amulet of physical resolve (AV, L2).
Arms: (Shields)
Etc…

Curiously, now that I look at it seems level 4 items are da bombz. Perhaps the list should present 3 items of different levels?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
On the topic of keeping Woe alive, have you checked out Verve armor? It's in the AV; I gave a suit to my RL group's fighter after I just about killed them all, haha.

Dunamin

First Post
Nice one, that's certainly also something to consider!

For some reason, the good stuff seems to start at level 4. Then again, perhaps that's just because I prefer items with tiny occasional benefits rather than those with huge daily benefits.

CaBaNa

First Post
I think that's how I'd treat it as well.

However, if you're asking whether you'll be able to retrain your Warlord multiclass feat as soon as PHB2 becomes approved (instead of waiting until you gain a level), we haven't been doing that so far, so I don't think it will happen then. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant, but I thought I'd better say it just in case.

As usual, Sessadore covers all the bases. Ha, that wasn't my intention, however it is an excellent clarification. If the ruling had been the other direction on that, I would have wanted to know immediately. I think it's fair to make folks wait 'til the level up though. Even for in class changes. Makes the RP easier, "My power has grown, AND CHANGED!! MWHA HA HA HA!!!"

Good point! Yeah, prioritizing happens on two levels here (pun not intended): The order in which you present the categories and the order in which you present the items for each.

Woe's Wish List
Weapon: +1 spear of myrdroon's shard (Dr364, L4) > +1 vanguard spear (AV, L3) > +1 acidic spear (AV, L4).
Armor: +1 agile scale armor (AV, L5) > +1 reinforcing scale armor (AV, L4) > +1 salubrious scale armor (AV, L4).
Neck: +1 cloak of distortion (AV, L4) > +1 cloak of the walking wounded (AV, L4) > +1 amulet of physical resolve (AV, L2).
Etc…

Curiously, now that I look at it seems level 4 items are da bombz. Perhaps the list should present 3 items of different levels?

Love this Idea, I have much editing to do to my character sheet thanks to you Dunamin, and Sessadore. Between adding Kamotz' adventures, new companions, and wish list, I'll be typing for some time now.

That character sheet is quite the hurdle for my newbie brain... Totally worth it however for the DM to be able to run easily and quickly. Anything the player can do to give more incentive (or make it easier) for the DM should really be done.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer

Woe's Wish List
Etc…

Hmmm ... I don't know. On one hand, I want to say "yes, the three items should be different levels," to make it easier for the DM to spread the packets between PCs. But on the other hand ... what if you really, really want a couple items that are the same level, but can't decide which one you'd like more? In that case, it seems like an unnecessary compromise to drop an item you'd much prefer just to list an item of a different level.

Meh, it's probably OK as long as all the items in one category aren't the same level. Or even if you are, you're only hurting yourself (if the DM wants to give you the level+2 item, but your most preferred category has only level+3 items, you'll probably get something further down your list).

Edit: There, I have the last post in the top 5 threads :D

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
And it's a wish list, the DM can always give you something not on there (maybe the adventure only warrants a +1 amulet of protection...)

Remove ads