• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New FAQ

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I have another question: If you burn his beard, is it still a dwarf? Or will it suddenly get prettier but weaker, treat its haxe for a weard hooked contraption, and acquire a taste for illusion magic? :D

Rvdvelden

First Post
And was this question REALLY in the FAQ??!! If so then it either has to be some kind of joke, or they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for FAQ questions.

Yup, it's in there. Seems like they're autocopying every q&a that is provided by Sage Online into the FAQ.

tzor

First Post
When I see things like that I want to scream.

1) First of all, it is not the purpose of a FAQ to make new rules out of thin air and whole cloth, unless there is something in the complete dwarf about beards that I've missed.

2) Second of all, if you make rules out of thin air be consistant damn it. (Also do a little research while you are at it. Google can be your friend ... it took me 10 minutes to get the average beard growth of human males and I'm no google expert.) If you are going to say that the dwarf has the same beard growth rate as a human, and if you assume that dwarves are no Raphunzels when it comes to beards, then a full dwarvish beard growth would take one year, not 10.

3) Finally, WTF is this doing in a FAQ in the first place?

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Slife said:
Could a casting of regenerate restore his beard?

I don't see why not. Of course, that's a bit...much.

Were I adjudicating this, not only would the beard not have been burned away completely (though it would have been singed), but any healing afterward would have restored it, since it's an integral part of the character.

Brad

Adso

First Post
tzor said:
When I see things like that I want to scream.

1) First of all, it is not the purpose of a FAQ to make new rules out of thin air and whole cloth, unless there is something in the complete dwarf about beards that I've missed.

2) Second of all, if you make rules out of thin air be consistant damn it. (Also do a little research while you are at it. Google can be your friend ... it took me 10 minutes to get the average beard growth of human males and I'm no google expert.) If you are going to say that the dwarf has the same beard growth rate as a human, and if you assume that dwarves are no Raphunzels when it comes to beards, then a full dwarvish beard growth would take one year, not 10.

3) Finally, WTF is this doing in a FAQ in the first place?

1) Read my post above.

2) Take a deep breath.

3) Re-read my post above.

It's okay. It's some fluff about dwarven beards, not something to raise the blood preasure. :D

Remove ads