• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Feat: Mounted Mobility

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
Mounted Mobility [General, Fighter]

You are skilled at controlling your mount to dodging past opponents and avoiding blows.

Prerequisites: Ride 9 Ranks, Mounted Combat.

Benefit: Your mount gains a +4 Dodge bonus to AC against attacks of opportunity caused when it moves out of or within a threatened area. A condition that makes it lose it’s Dexterity bonus to AC(if any) also makes it lose the dodge bonus. This bonus stacks with other dodge bonuses. You gain the ability to make a second Ride check when your mount is hit in combat as per the Mounted Combat feat, but you suffer a -5 penalty to this check.

Thoughts, Comments, Ideas?

Greylock

First Post
I don't know. As much as I would like to see my char have such a feat, horses can't shuck and jive the way a human(oid) can. Not very believable.

Vrecknidj

Explorer
I think that this would require more prerequisites. In particular, I don't think this feat should just apply to the rider. Without the appropriate mount, I don't see how it would work. So, I'm not sure what to add, but maybe 10 ranks in Handle Animal would be good, and, in addition to that, you'd want to add a new "trick" to the Handle Animal skill called "Mobile Mount," that would have something like a DC 30 and would take the rider several weeks to teach to the mount. I might even require that the mount have an Int score of at least some amount (3?, 4? I'm not sure).

Dave

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads