New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Mimic

First Post
Mudaba Adin Institute for Elite Children - Sept 11 Tuesday - First day of school

What should have been the first day of school turns out to be a non school day due to the incident the previous day, the excitement is subdued by most of the students due to the fact that they have been sequestered to the school and the grounds only, fortunately there is enough to do that even the most active student should keep himself entertained, for a while at least.

Periodically throughout the day the local police and various other law enforcement agents question the students involved in the incident. The school provided them each with a lawyer at no cost, to "protect their rights." Rumors are high at the school, as much as thirty to forty students will allow but each of the people involved are regarded in a somewhat in hero status, Yoshi, in particular is fanning the idea of this as well as overstating the importance of what he did.

Amy contacts each of the students directing them to where they can pick up their classes schedule as well as texts, notebooks and other sundry items, along with a notice that school uniforms will be issued within a week. When questioned about this the stock answer is that due to the vast style differences between most of the students it was decided that school uniforms would help integrate the students and create a more harmonious environment. Needless to say that the majority of the student body are less then impressed with this.

The classes themselves are fairly routine, the obvious courses are there, mathematics, social/economical studies, physics in the morning as well optional courses that can be taken at the students request, this include but are not restricted to pre-college courses, psychology, pre-med, law Amy informs the student that if there is a course that they wish to take that is not on the list please notify either Jun Min or Dr. Hudabo and they will see what they can do to accommodate the student. After lunch is taken up by power training. On a more interesting note it seems that the students have been divided into groups of roughly twelve, coincidentally enough all the students that were involved in the incident the previous day are in the same group along with a few others.

Emmet

Your search for clues about the mall attack has born little fruit, the cell phones that the people used were one time use along with a pre-purchased sim card, more then likely destroyed after the attack. Even the ones taken from the arrested people are useless having what seems like an automatic destruct sequence. It would seem that who was behind this were fairly well organized and covered their tracks quite well.

You had less luck with the weapons, the UN took over the case from the local police quickly, removing all high tech weaponry and sealing all case files to classified personal only and while they appreciated your willingness to help, there were proper procedures that must be followed and they would contact you if they needed anything.

Jerry and Cody

While an Olympic sized pool is always a nice thing, it will never match up with an actual ocean and as such not much surfing was done, but you did run into James and Kiyanna taking a swim, this time with actual bathing suits, who talked you, along with Amadi into giving them beginner surfing lessons. This proceeded into an outdoor cookout that at least half the student body attending. All in all a good way to spend the day.

Clover and Trilly

Watching the news you learn that the rumors are running high about the attack on the mall, some state that it was a anti-elite organization, others state that it was none other then Pantheon themselves coming to grant another "Prayer." Other rumors state that it is a different elite organization, one dedicated to wiping out all baselines, while some reports are saying that it was just a faulty gas line that started it all. Most of the creditable news organizations simply state that it is under investigation from the UN and that when the facts come out they will report it. The rest of the day is spent just enjoying your new friends and learning about the school, you eventually end up at a outdoor cookout with most of the other students.

Nick

Layla has regained consciousness thanks to Ralph's healing powers but the on staff doctor absolutely refuses to release her, stating that she must be watched, by a trained physician in interjects as he sees you about to say something, to make sure she is not suffering from any hidden trauma. Manjit Badesha is also there also, once you have that Layla is ok you eventually wind up at an outdoor cookout with most of the students.

The day passes quickly and you all head to bed, early or late, depending on which you choose. You are all rudely awoken by the dorm room lights turning on along with Amy waking you up:

"Good morning students, it is 6:00am local standard time, you have exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes until your first class. There is breakfast available in the cafeteria for the next hour and 15 minutes thank you and have a nice day."

And with that it off to the races. I will be introducing Victims' character in a little bit once he has answered my questions.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet woke up on Amy's message, heading out of bed and immediately into the shower before his roommate had the chance. Once dressed in respectable clothes and reasonably groomed (with the exception of his unruly hair), Emmet heads into the student cafeteria, excited about classes and eager to show off his knowledge.

He was disappointed that the investigation of the explosion, murder assaults, and attempted kidnappings were being handled by the United Nations rather than the local authorities, since the U.N. likely had access to more established experts in next-generation technology than himself. Although he did not have any plan to give up his attempt to study the energy weapons, Emmet reasoned other avenues of scientific inquiry would be a more fruitful expenditure of his time and efforts.

Emmet walks into the cafeteria with his backpack on his shoulders, grabs a bowl of cereal, and sits down at the closest empty table.

Samnell

Explorer
"Good morning students, it is 6:00am local standard time, you have exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes until your first class. There is breakfast available in the cafeteria for the next hour and 15 minutes thank you and have a nice day."

Jerry was already laying awake in his bed. Early morning practice was a fact of life and he'd adjusted to the time difference pretty well. He sat up and swung his legs out as he heard a quick rush of footsteps and the shower starting. Guess I'm not getting the first shower. At least I shouldn't have to wait long.

Jerry lifted himself out of bed. Already his pillowcase was going black and the sheets looked a bit on the gray side too. No helping it. The shower stopped and Yoshi said something about being hungry as he left. Jerry shrugged and went about his morning routines, not really in a hurry.

About twenty minutes later, he made his way through the cafeteria line and looked for familiar faces.

Cody sneaks up behind Jerry with his hand in the shape of a gun and presses it to his friend's back. "Don't make a move, parddner." the teen whispers, a smile evident in his voice.

Letting the other turn around, Cody takes a step back before yelling, "Bang!" followed by, "Deputy, arrest this Injun!"

Still smiling, Cody lets Jerry take in the superbly large cowboy hats and aviators that both he and Raph are wearing. Over his uniform, Cody wears a overly-long plaid dress shirt with the collar popped and sleeves rolled up. "Think this is a good look for me?" he begins jokingly, "Turns out that my room mate John is one of those 'yanks' you hear so much about. Just couldn't resist borrowing these for the occasion."

"Good morning." the teen says as an afterthought.

Samnell

Explorer
Cody sneaks up behind Jerry with his hand in the shape of a gun and presses it to his friend's back. "Don't make a move, parddner." the teen whispers, a smile evident in his voice.

"Take it easy, mate," Jerry said with feigned gravity. He started to turn, "No one's got to get-"

Letting the other turn around, Cody takes a step back before yelling, "Bang!" followed by, "Deputy, arrest this Injun!"

"Wasn't shooting me enough?!" Jerry chuckled.

Still smiling, Cody lets Jerry take in the superbly large cowboy hats and aviators that both he and Raph are wearing. Over his uniform, Cody wears a overly-long plaid dress shirt with the collar popped and sleeves rolled up. "Think this is a good look for me?" he begins jokingly, "Turns out that my room mate John is one of those 'yanks' you hear so much about. Just couldn't resist borrowing these for the occasion."

Cody looked absolutely preposterous, but it was still a good laugh. "Those can't really be his clothes. That'd be like me going around in a big cone-hat and running a sodding laundry!"

Without being able to help himself, Cody embraces Jerry in a big hug. Realizing that it might be awkward, he attempts to save face by using the embrace to put the gigantic cowboy hat on Jerry, pulling it down 'til it reaches the teen's shoulders.

"It was a pain in the ass to get Raph awake this early but I promised her lots and lots of food." Cody explains without waiting for Jerry to get the hat undone. With Raph in front, he leads the teen forward with his 'gun-hand' into the cafeteria line. "By the way, I saw Emmet eating over there by himself so I figured Raph and me would join him, you got anyone to sit with already?"

Shalimar

First Post
Luckily for Clover she was already out of bed when the school's peeping tom decided to let the teens know it was time to wake up. The british girl was quite used to PT in the morning and had been up since 5:30 having a work out in the gym. Crunches, jumping jacks, squats, and push ups the red head did all of the usual exercises followed by a bit of a run, not much since she needed to take a shower before breakfast after all the exertions, but it was a decent one, a double circuit around the dorms.

The British girl pushed the run just a bit to start the day off right, and ended up glowing with a faint sheen of sweat as she made her way back through the dorms to her room to shower and change for a spot of breakfast before classes. "Morning love." she greeted her roommate as the french girl left the bathroom in just a towel, and the British girl had a bit of a time making it through the door into the bathroom walking into the frame as she wasn't paying proper attention.

"Smooth." she grunts to herself once the door is closed. Once Clover had the bathroom to herself she quickly got out of her sports bra and work out shorts and under the cool water of the shower. Unike other people, the temperature of the water didn't matter to her, she wouldn't get hypothermic, or have a heat stroke...but there were other reasons that teenagers took cold showers.

After a good lathering with soap and shampoo, and a thorough rinse the British girl got out of the shower and gave the next step a bit of thought. She didn't want to offend Jossee, but her clothes were out in the room except for the sweaty work out garments she hung up on the shower rod to dry. Thinking about the wind like it was a sheath running over her body Clover was competely dry in short order, and even her hair was perfect, and she'd be buggered if hat wasn't one of her favorite things about her powers, not having to fuss over her hair in the morning.

After that there was nothing else for it but to go out this time, and make sure to bring in cleans next time. She waited for Jossee's back to be turned and then quickly moved to her dresser and pulled on her knickers and a bra. She followed that with a verion of what she thought the uniform would be once they got it officially, a light blue polo and a pleated white skirt.

"Ready to go for a bite o' brekkie?" she asked once she was finally ready.

Mimic

First Post
Clover

It would seem your concern about coming out of bathroom naked was unfounded as Jossee attention is firmly focused on the mirror in front of her as well as the what looks like a ton of make up supplies scattered on the desk. "Mon dieu, ow am I supposed to be ready for class with so little time." She says with a small stamp of her foot, which sets off a minor electrical discharge around her body, shorting out the hair dryer in her hand. She glares at it for a moment, like it decided to short out just to annoy her before she tosses it onto her bed and leans over to pick up another one.

"I ave no time for food," says says finally glancing at you in her mirror, "I told this infernal machine," she gestures upwards directing towards Amy, "that I must be woken up three hours before class but does it listen? Non."

"According to my internal records," Amy's monotone voice interjects, "you entered your dorm room at midnight and as such four and a half hours is not the minimum recommended amount a sleep that you require for your age group."

Jossee just rolls her eyes in response getting back to the task at hand, its fairly obvious that this is going to take some time.

Jerry and Cody
Raph, for all intents and purposes looks like the lead role in the latest undead movie. "I can't believe that people get up this early," she responds in a very sleepy voice. "I mean, who in there right minds would willingly... Wait." She suddenly says perking up, "Is that chocolate chip pancakes I smell?" She actually skips over to where the pancakes are being handed out cutting in line in her haste, but at least she excused her self.

"So, that's where that went." You both turn to see John standing behind you, he reaches over and take the hat from Jerry's head and places it his head. "This is my favorite hat, if your going to borrow my stuff partner, your going to have to let me know." He says with scowl which quickly turns into a grin . "Though I got to say you look pretty funny with my stuff on." He adds with a laugh.

Emmet

"So it seems to me that we both have problems that each other can solve". Emmet hears as he feels someone sitting down next to him, he turns his head and is pretty much nose to nose with a rather good looking brunette girl.

"I need someone to make sure that I don't flunk out of this school," she continues unabated even though she is invading your personal space, "and you so obviously need someone to give you some fashion tips. Not that I know a lot about that but hey, anything is better then nothing. Plus," She adds in leaning back, taking a bite of her toast, "with me around, your stock is bound to go up."

"So, what do you have to say about that, specs?"

Mary Keller

6:30am local time Dr. Hudabo's office

You sit in what can easily described as the dullest room in existence. Stark white walls with various degrees from various well know universities are the only decorations, you would be impressed by the amount of them, if you cared at all. At least six large book shelves are literally stuffed with books, ranging from Astronomy to Zoology and well as some topics can't make out do to them being written in different languages, you are fairly certain that a couple of them are in Latin.

A middle age man sits behind his desk speaking to you in that monotone voice that most teachers fall into when they are lecturing students, fortunately by nodding every few minutes you don't have to pay that much attention. the only oddity is the young Asian women that is standing by his side, she is definitely giving off that teacher vibe but she can't shake the feeling that she is giving you the once over, it was the same feeling you got when ever you stepped into the ring and faced someone new, then again you have just gotten off a 14 hour flight, and as always once you learned how to fly on your own, flying in a plane always gives you that claustrophobic feeling.

"In conclusion, I just want to add that we are more then happy that you decided to join our school, Jun Min," he says gesturing to the Asian women, "who teaches power training as well as counseling duties will show you to your dorm room." Dr. Hudabo finishes up as he stands. "Classes start in about an hour but if you feel you are too tired from your flight you will be excused today. Also due to an incident yesterday all students are not allowed off the school grounds." With that he sits back down and pulls out a document and starts to scribble on it.

You have been dismissed.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
"Hmmm," Emmet grunts, looking up from his book into an unfamiliar face uncomfortably close. He glances out of the corner of his eye for Cody or Jerry, then adjusts his glasses. "Hello, my name is Emmet, not specs. I do not think I require your fashion advice, but if you wish to improve your academic performance I would be more than happy to assist you. Did you face such difficulties in your previous school," he inquires, closing his book.

"I apologize, but I do not know your name." Emmet did not feel inclined to mention that the value of his "stock" was of little concern to him, and even if it was, he doubted this girl could do much to raise it.

Samnell

Explorer
Without being able to help himself, Cody embraces Jerry in a big hug. Realizing that it might be awkward, he attempts to save face by using the embrace to put the gigantic cowboy hat on Jerry, pulling it down 'til it reaches the teen's shoulders.

"W-" Cody's hug cut off whatever Jerry meant to say and he returned it reflexively. He's got to be coming on to me. What straight guy our age would do this in public? Not that I'm objecting!

When his arms were free Jerry pulled the hat off. "You sneak some sugar already, mate?" he smiled.

"It was a pain in the ass to get Raph awake this early but I promised her lots and lots of food." Cody explains without waiting for Jerry to get the hat undone. With Raph in front, he leads the teen forward with his 'gun-hand' into the cafeteria line. "By the way, I saw Emmet eating over there by himself so I figured Raph and me would join him, you got anyone to sit with already?"

"That sounds fine to me. So what do you like for food?"

Remove ads