• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Generation Legacy, Issue 2: A New day arrives

Victim

First Post
Clover

Mary Keller

6:30am local time Dr. Hudabo's office

You sit in what can easily described as the dullest room in existence. Stark white walls with various degrees from various well know universities are the only decorations, you would be impressed by the amount of them, if you cared at all. At least six large book shelves are literally stuffed with books, ranging from Astronomy to Zoology and well as some topics can't make out do to them being written in different languages, you are fairly certain that a couple of them are in Latin.

A middle age man sits behind his desk speaking to you in that monotone voice that most teachers fall into when they are lecturing students, fortunately by nodding every few minutes you don't have to pay that much attention. the only oddity is the young Asian women that is standing by his side, she is definitely giving off that teacher vibe but she can't shake the feeling that she is giving you the once over, it was the same feeling you got when ever you stepped into the ring and faced someone new, then again you have just gotten off a 14 hour flight, and as always once you learned how to fly on your own, flying in a plane always gives you that claustrophobic feeling.

"In conclusion, I just want to add that we are more then happy that you decided to join our school, Jun Min," he says gesturing to the Asian women, "who teaches power training as well as counseling duties will show you to your dorm room." Dr. Hudabo finishes up as he stands. "Classes start in about an hour but if you feel you are too tired from your flight you will be excused today. Also due to an incident yesterday all students are not allowed off the school grounds." With that he sits back down and pulls out a document and starts to scribble on it.

You have been dismissed.

"I think I'll manage. I wouldn't want to miss the first day," Keller stands, a polite smile fixed to her face. Power training? That sounds like it might be fun, although Mr. Boring here makes everything sound dull. Somehow, they use the same voice on the other side of the world. It's probably a good idea to save my questions for when away from someone with the super power of terminal monotony. Like how long are we going to shut in. How stupid is that? I wonder what kind of trouble I'd get in if I flew off and came back? "And again, I'm sorry I couldn't make it here the other day. There was some snafu with the transfer and my normal school, and then there was that incident... I'm sure you've had a rough time dealing with all the other worried parents. I won't take up any more time."

She follows Jun Min out and stretches once she's outside the office. "Bleh, jet lag. Where can I get some coffee or something."

Samnell

Explorer
"So, that's where that went." You both turn to see John standing behind you, he reaches over and take the hat from Jerry's head and places it his head. "This is my favorite hat, if your going to borrow my stuff partner, your going to have to let me know." He says with scowl which quickly turns into a grin . "Though I got to say you look pretty funny with my stuff on." He adds with a laugh.

"Sorry about that, mate. Cody wanted to give me a yank cultural experience," Jerry smiled. "Don't see why a cheeseburger and chips didn't do, but I don't like questioning the ways of strange cultures. Not with Vegemite in my diet, anyway."

"That sounds fine to me. So what do you like for food?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes sounds great to me." Cody responds, passing up on Jerry's first comment. He mouths a small 'uh oh' comically as John comes up, raising his hands high in the air. "Caught me, John. Sorry man, I couldn't resist." the teen says, adding to his room mate's laugh with his own. "John, wanna sit with us for breakfast?"

Finally getting through the line with some milk, pan cakes and a bowl of strawberries with whip cream, Cody leads the group over to Emmet's table. "Mind if we join you?" the teen asks, looking over at the brunette then back to Emmet again.

Maybe he's got geek-chic going on, or something.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Jerry and Cody

"No worries partner, I was just pulling your leg." John replies with another laugh and a good natured slap on Jerry's back. "Speakin of food, lets go get us some. I'm starving, I've usually eaten breakfast about an hour ago, my granny would be chasing after me with a hickory switch for sleeping in so late." John says as he gets into line.

Mary

Jun Min smiles as she leads you away from the office. "That would be the cafeteria, I like to think of it as my home away from home, which of course leads right to the gym." She adds with a laugh. We are heading there right now, I figured you might want something to eat after your long trip."

The both of you walk a few minutes with Jun Min pointing out various places such as your dorm room, stating that your belongings will automatically be sent there.

"And here is the cafeteria, best food within a 1000 klicks. Come on lets go get some breakfast."

Emmet

Although it was a quick glance, Emmet definitely spots both Cody and Jerry in line for food, as well as a large American who you had briefly met after the incident at the mall, John as you recall. Unfortunately none of them seem to be heading in your direction at the present moment.

"Specs sounds better. I'm Tina and trust me you do need help," she replies giving you a playful punch on the arm, which almost sends you out of your chair, the girl is remarkably strong. "Sorry, she replies, don't know my own strength sometimes." she adds with a shrug.

"As for the other schools, I didn't really have trouble learning, it was more of a not showing up that was the problem." Again she adds in a shrug.

Shalimar

First Post
"It doesn't need to take all that long to get ready love...here." Clover says, gently repeating the process she'd just done on her own her to gently blow dry the French Girl's hair, leaving it perfect looking.

"Ok then, I guess I'll leave you to all the make up then. Never touch the stuff my ownself if'n I could avoid it." the red head rises and bids Jossee good luck before heading off to the Cafeteria for a bit of a day starter.

Once she arrives in the cafe the amazonian British girl made a b-line for the food, taking a nice big breakfast of strawberries, grapes, and eggs. Once her tray was loaded up with her plate and two cups of milk she headed over to join the boys at their table.

"Hi mates."

Vanifae

First Post
Nick rolls out of bed onto the floor and hits several push ups and goes right into a morning routine to loosen the muscles. After about thirty minutes he hits the shower to get clean, spends another thirty minutes to get ready for class before finally figuring he has done the best he can to look great.

He says aloud, “Hey Amy do you know if the Medical Gestapo released Layla yet?”

Hammerhead

Explorer
Emmet looks up at Cody gratefully, "By all means, please do so," he says, rubbing his arm and surreptitiously pressing the button on his wrist field generator. That truly hurt; she needs to be far more careful.

"Well Tina, I actually prefer Emmet, or at the very least some nickname derived from my given appellation. And because of your previous attendance issues you feel you need some manner of refresher course? I do not mean to unhelpful, but that might be a more serious issue that perhaps ought to be discussed with your instructors instead of a fellow student. But I am available to give assistance if you require it."

Cody notices Emmet turning on his force-field generator, That serious, huh? he thinks. Taking the cue, he sets his tray down between Emmet and Tina, leaving a space for Raph on Tina's side and Jerry on Emmet's. "Most high schools are pretty dull, I can see why you'd miss a couple classes. This institute seems pretty cool though, at least they let us pick some courses for ourselves." he says conversationally.

Turning to the newcomer Cody smiles, "Hey there Clover, what's up?"

Victim

First Post
Mary

Jun Min smiles as she leads you away from the office. "That would be the cafeteria, I like to think of it as my home away from home, which of course leads right to the gym." She adds with a laugh. We are heading there right now, I figured you might want something to eat after your long trip."

The both of you walk a few minutes with Jun Min pointing out various places such as your dorm room, stating that your belongings will automatically be sent there.

"And here is the cafeteria, best food within a 1000 klicks. Come on lets go get some breakfast."

"Yeah, breakfast or whatever it actually is for me would be good. So we have roommates here?" she says idly while walking through the dorm. "That's a little weird since there aren't many students right? And is it really safe if people don't have full control over their powers? Who's mine?" I've been pretty good about not using my strength without trying, but accidents can still happen. And what about someone messing up with an energy beam or something. Eh, could be fun.

"Really? Anyplace worth flying several hundred miles?" Keller jokes as the pair enter the cafeteria, then makes a beeline for the drink dispensers for the required infusion of caffiene. I guess I'll just introduce myself...

She walks up to large group of students (ie, the PCs) and looks at John before talking to the group. "Hi. No one told me that today was some kind of costume day," she says lightly.

Mimic

First Post
Nick

Layla Badahwi has been released from released from the medical center exactly 45 minutes ago, she is currently located in her dorm room. Would you like me to contact her? Amy responds to Nick's question.

Emmet

"What ever, specs is better." Tina responds. "Look, all I really need is someone to help me keep notes and quiz me a little before tests, is that too much to ask?"

Cody and Jerry

Tina gives Cody a look that could shoot daggers as you sit down between her and Emmet but it fades quickly she seems to control herself.

"Yea, whatever." Tina replies leaning back slightly taking another bite of her toast. "School is not my thing, to much fun is being missed while we sit in class learning about dead presidents and other boring things."

"These pancakes are really good." Raph mumbles with a mouth full of chocolate chip pancakes.

Mary

"Any student that can not control their powers completely are assigned singular rooms." Jun Min replies. "As for roommates, we encourage unity and togetherness as well as expanding the students experiences, we hope that by dorming you guys together we will acheive both those goals at the same time."

"I'm not sure who your roommate it, we kind of like to leave it as a surprise, but if you really what to know just ask Amy." Jun Min adds in with a smirk.

"Amy who is Mary Keller's room mate"

"Kiyana Vladimov is assigned to that particular dorm room, do you wish me to page her." An monotone voice replies from a speaker close by.

"No thank you, that is Amy, she is a computerized system that controls most of the school and grounds, she monitors all activity and will answer most questions that you have." Jun Min tells you, "From what I am told she pretty much the most sophisticated computer on the face of the planet."

"Taking off and traveling alone is not to be encouraged," Jun Min replies with a flat even tone, "but there are a couple of good bistros in Rome that I would recomend." She adds in with a small smile and a wink. "If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me."

"This is a genuine, Kanas look, thank you very much." John replies with a half smile. "Besides, don't like, don't look at it."

Remove ads