• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Issue of Dragon+

Issue 4 of DRAGON+ is here! DRAGON+is an app from WotC available on iOS and Android devices (find it in the respective app stores). This issue contains Duergar information from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, a free Adventurer's League module, and more - plus tons of information on the various videogame projects for WotC.

Issue 4 of DRAGON+ is here! DRAGON+is an app from WotC available on iOS and Android devices (find it in the respective app stores). This issue contains Duergar information from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, a free Adventurer's League module, and more - plus tons of information on the various videogame projects for WotC.

Editor's Letter from Matt Chapman - "Matt Chapman gets tearfully nostalgic for old D&D videogames, overly excited for new D&D videogames, and a little bit scared by a newcomer known as Belaphoss, Devourer of Hope and Dread General of the Gibbering Hords. Gulp."

Discovering the Gold Box - "As Goog Old Games dusts off thirteen classic D&D titles, the original staff who worked on them and the videogame designers and producers they inspired share their favorite memories."

Winning Races: Duergar - "An in-depth look at these dark reflections of the more traditional Forgotten Realms dwarves."

Travel Talk - "Things get a little crazy when our intrepid reporter Melissande Calador dares to descend into the Underdark."

Imagining the Ampersand - "Lars Larsen, design engineer at LZX Industries, on creating a high-tech interpretation of the Dungeons & Dragons Ampersand."

Neverwinter Strongholds - "John Hopler, senior content designer at Cryptic Studios, shares the secrets to a successful PVP siege campaign in the free-to-play MMORPG."

Demononicon of Iggwilv: Belaphoss - "Everything you ever wanted to know about Sword Coast Legends' main baddie Belpahoss but were too petrified to ask."

Fiction: The Thweem - "A peace-loving Underdark inhabitant gets a brush with madness in D&D writer Adam Lee's short story."

Interview: Jay Turner - "The narrative director of Sword Coast Legends offers an exclusive behind-the-scenes peek at the CRPG."

Video & Audio Highlights - "Canadian rocker Matthew Good talks about his love of the world of Greyhawk and charity fundraising scores a critical hit with Extra Life 2015."

Beyond the Board: Dice Masters - "Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters draws upon classic D&D elements to bring a fantasy touch to this dice building game."

Gauntlet Gophers - "Tavis Maiden's exclusive comic strip for DRAGON+ proves there are all kinds of crazy in the Underdark."

D&D Adventurers League - "Download the official D&D Adventurer's League module Shackles of Blood and investigate a string of disappearances in the Hillsfar region."

[h=4]Original Post[/h]
Not sure if this had been posted already, but the newest issue of Dragon+ is rolling out. Just downloaded mine a few minutes ago.

View attachment 71167

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Well I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere Germany farm country for the past 3 and a half years in the military with no store to play AL. Even if I had one around I probably wouldn't go, because organized play is not my cup of tea and I don't speak their language. I'm currently living in an area with no stores around while I finish my transition from the Army back to civilian life. So my access to AL things has been rather limited by work and location.

Oh, and before you talk about online... Have you ever used the internet Germany offers to soldiers at American Garrisons?

There isn't a game group in your garrison? I've always heard that gaming in the military is way higher per capita.

delericho

Legend
Well I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere Germany farm country for the past 3 and a half years in the military with no store to play AL. Even if I had one around I probably wouldn't go, because organized play is not my cup of tea and I don't speak their language. I'm currently living in an area with no stores around while I finish my transition from the Army back to civilian life. So my access to AL things has been rather limited by work and location.

Oh, and before you talk about online... Have you ever used the internet Germany offers to soldiers at American Garrisons?

Yep. For one reason or another, the existing AL paths simply aren't accessible to some folks. It would certainly be nice if WotC were to open up those materials to those of us who otherwise don't have access.

(But, the standard boiler-plate: it's very much a nice-to-have. This isn't a how-very-dare-they rant. :) )

Valador

First Post
There isn't a game group in your garrison? I've always heard that gaming in the military is way higher per capita.

I was in the Signal Corps and while there was no shortage of guys who play D&D, we were constantly rotating in and out to different countries on real world missions. In short, keeping a regular group was hard with the work tempo and being scattered to the winds. Living in a run down building in poor east Europe with next to no internet and no room in your bags to pack any extra D&D stuff...

delericho

Legend
I was in the Signal Corps and while there was no shortage of guys who play D&D, we were constantly rotating in and out to different countries on real world missions. In short, keeping a regular group was hard with the work tempo and being scattered to the winds. Living in a run down building in poor east Europe with next to no internet and no room in your bags to pack any extra D&D stuff...

What you need is a tablet loaded with the books as PDF...

Oh. :(

Valador

First Post
What you need is a tablet loaded with the books as PDF...

Oh. :(

I have digital copies of the core books so I don't have to lug around my books. It's still a logistical nightmare to get a good game going out in the field when your team is split up into shifts or at different sites.

Alphastream

Adventurer
I have no idea what is in this issue other than a Flumph short story. That's pretty much the most awesome thing ever and I can't even see the other pages in the issue.

gyor

Legend
There is a winning races on the Deurgar which cool, we find out that they are a Dwarf Subrace and get enlarge at level 3, invisiblity at level 5, once per long rest or if in the underdark per short rest, and superior darkvision.

Hussar

Legend
As far as internet play goes, even with poor internet connections, things like Roll20 still work pretty well. I used to play OpenRPG with guys on dial up back around 2002, so, unless your internet is glacially slow, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Just make sure you talk to your DM beforehand and tell him to go easy on the 1MB background maps and the like. So long as you keep everything below about 100-200k, you can play online with pretty much any connection. Roll20 is nice, since it's browser based and doesn't seem to be too hard on bandwidth.

OTOH, if you have to run a VoiP app and Roll20 at the same time, connectivity might be a real issue. But, I'm sure given the 1 MILLION users on Roll20, you can find something that fits your bill.

And, IIRC, you can organise Adventure League play games for home play too can you not? I'm not really familiar with AL stuff, but there is a whole EN World forum devoted to it Here which could probably help you out.

Dire Bare

Legend
Stupid question for you. How can I go about getting that free adventure pdf onto my laptop? I can't seem to save it on my iPhone... I don't play in the AL so I don't really have a clue on where I might find this elsewhere to download.

Easy answer: read the whole thread.

Dire Bare

Legend
Can't I just have this as PDFs on my laptop? Seriously...WotC never listens/cares it seems.

Patently untrue. For proof, read the whole thread.

To add, just because WotC isn't giving you what you specifically want, doesn't mean that they are ignoring you or do not care about your opinion. It just means that they don't agree with you on the best way to deliver content.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads