New Jobs

Solange

First Post
orsal said:
The original jobs were based on 2 RL weeks ~ 1 IG week. That is to say, you will earn as much in 2 real-life weeks in our game as you would playing by the SRD in 1 in-game week taking 10.
Wow, then I need to double the pay for profession.

Solange

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
No, you make "half your Profession check result in gold pieces per week". 25 SP + 2.5 SP per bonus is correct.
I don't know what you're talking about ;)

How would you suggest fixing perform?

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:
That means Profession pay is low.

No, it's high. The SRD formula is check x 5 SP /week, i.e. (5 x ranks + 50) SP per IG week. Dividing by 2, we should have (2.5 x ranks + 25) SP per RL week, as compared with Solange's proposed (5 x ranks +25) SP per RL week.

As for Perform: the table in the SRD gives rather less than the other money-making skills at the low end, but much more at the high end.

Code:
Check    Craft/Prof    Perform
result    income     avg income
10        5 GP        38.5 CP
15        7.5 GP      38.5 SP
20        10 GP       11.55 GP
25        12.5 GP     24.5 GP
30        15 GP       73.5 GP

Solange

First Post
My math skills go out on me when I propose something involving math. Go figure :eek:

And yes, I was trying to even out perform just a bit. I did ponder something like 1d10 sp per bonus, but I wasn't sure if you'd like a random pay roll (No pun intended).

Bront

The man with the probe
Thanks for the chart Orsal.

Per the chart, the average payout for Perform is 1.13785 gold per result point. It's .5775 per point if it's 20 or over, but goes as low as .0385 gold per point at the low end (not an option when taking a 10 barring a negitve Cha), and 2.45 gold

So, you could:
A) Have it be 1d10 silver per point (bonus+10)
B) Just round it to 5 per and leave it at that
C) Keep it scaled somehow
D) Ignore the SRD and do something else.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Thanks for the chart Orsal.

Per the chart, the average payout for Perform is 1.13785 gold per result point. It's .5775 per point if it's 20 or over, but goes as low as .0385 gold per point at the low end (not an option when taking a 10 barring a negitve Cha), and 2.45 gold

So, you could:
A) Have it be 1d10 silver per point (bonus+10)
B) Just round it to 5 per and leave it at that
C) Keep it scaled somehow
D) Ignore the SRD and do something else.
I like option D--it prevents the ridiculousness of a merchant or sailor being encouraged to Perform untrained due to making more money than with their maxed out Profession.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I like option D--it prevents the ridiculousness of a merchant or sailor being encouraged to Perform untrained due to making more money than with their maxed out Profession.
As proposed here, you can't use perform untrained as a job, which is a good thing.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
As proposed here, you can't use perform untrained as a job, which is a good thing.
Though it would be funny to see all sailors quit their jobs to hang out in taverns and sing sea shanties all day long for a greater pay :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Though it would be funny to see all sailors quit their jobs to hang out in taverns and sing sea shanties all day long for a greater pay :D
I think having a lower start and a bigger increase might be a good way to handle this. It should be even or lower at the lower levels, and go up from there.

Say, 10 silvers + 4 silvers per bonus? It's even at a +10 bonus, and then goes to the Performer's favor.

Remove ads