New monsters book for Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
I think there is a perception (not sure how wide spread though) that if a kickstarter doesn't fund in the first days and end at some ridiculous % over the goal then it isn't doing well.

Correct. Many feel that a project is a failure if it doesn't fund within hours of launch, assuming that there's no interest in the project.

DouglasCole

Explorer
New Banner Nordvorn.jpg
(note: cover is WIP! It will be more detailed, better-shaded, and textured by the time the book hits print!)

In addition to the Boxed Set AND the awesome book of Monsters, there's also third-party support being prepared by Gaming Ballistic.

The Citadel at Nordvorn is on Kickstarter at the same time as the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. It is currently 98% funded (less than $200 to go!), and seems to have enough backers following but not yet pledged to nearly reach the offset print stretch goal. With the Boxed Set, which includes "I Smell a Rat," Hall of Judgment, and now Citadel at Nordvorn, there's enough material to play for a long time, all ready to go.

The Citadel at Nordvorn is a setting for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG. It consists of three major settlements, many small villages, at least one ruin, and two primary sources of conflict: The Hunted Lands to the northwest of The Palisade, and the Endalaus Forest, to the north and east of Audreyn's Wall.

if you missed the Kickstarter for Hall of Judgment, a new reward level has been added! Viking Raider ($65), which gets you PDFs and Print copies of both books.

Please pledge to both campaigns if you can! The boxed set reprint - as Sean notes in this Facebook post - are critical to the future of the line.

Actually, Sean's post is worth repeating in full:

If you like or ever liked GURPS, and you want to see it go on to do new and interesting things, please support this campaign! It is a litmus of sorts:

△ If it funds, that will send us the message that we should support the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game and consider future campaigns for big, interesting GURPS books (in the traditional printed sense) and/or GURPS-based products (such as this one).

△ If it doesn't fund, we'll have to ponder whether there's enough interest in GURPS to keep it around as anything other than a series of PDFs once or twice a month.

I get back on March 20. I really hope that when I do, I'll learn the campaign has been fully backed – perhaps all the way up to the $85,000 level where we can print a book that includes ALL the cool monsters I created.

See you then!

Last edited:

If you missed the Kickstarter for Hall of Judgment, a new reward level has been added! Viking Raider ($65), which gets you PDFs and Print copies of both books.

I can vouch for the quality of Hall of Judgment. It is not only a great adventure, but a great introduction to a Viking-themed setting. There is a major town, local gods and festivals, maps, plenty of plot hooks, new monsters, pregenerated characters, and a few bonus rules to support the setting (e.g., wilderness survival and dungeon grappling). It's an outstanding product and I'm eager to see what Douglas Cole has in store for us with The Citadel at Nordvorn.

sd_jasper

Villager
I can vouch for the quality of Hall of Judgment. It is not only a great adventure, but a great introduction to a Viking-themed setting. There is a major town, local gods and festivals, maps, plenty of plot hooks, new monsters, pregenerated characters, and a few bonus rules to support the setting (e.g., wilderness survival and dungeon grappling). It's an outstanding product and I'm eager to see what Douglas Cole has in store for us with The Citadel at Nordvorn.

I didn't back HoJ the first time around, so I've backed Citadel at the level to get both books. Between them and the Monsters 2 book, I'm getting excited for Dungeon Fantasy all over again. I've even started dusting off a few old maps I had been working on.

DouglasCole

Explorer
I didn't back HoJ the first time around, so I've backed Citadel at the level to get both books. Between them and the Monsters 2 book, I'm getting excited for Dungeon Fantasy all over again. I've even started dusting off a few old maps I had been working on.

THIS! The excitement with a reprint and seeing the products on shelves, the ability to just get material and play it . . . that's where we want to be!

Made it last night. If the pledges-per-day hold up over the final five days of the campaign, we should be able to knock out a couple of stretch goals too. (More monsters are good.)

DouglasCole

Explorer
For those who may have missed one or both: two exciting new stretch goals have been announced, continuing the close support and relationship between SJG and Gaming Ballistic. SJG is thrilled the DFM2 and box set funded (and so am I!), and Gaming Ballistic is very pleased to see Nordvorn steaming towards stretch goals (and so is SJG!). To help each other along, check out these two new announcements!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamingballistic/the-citadel-at-norvorn/posts/2449686

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ngeon-fantasy-monsters-2-and-ga/posts/2449668

45K Stretch Goal Banner FDG.png

Composite FDG Cover Trial 6.jpg

Remove ads