D&D 5E New MtG Tarkir Set in 2025, possible Tarkir D&D book?

I don't even know if I want them to do this after March of the Machine debuckle, but its occurred to me that Tarkir is possibly the most asked MtG to D&D setting requested and that the next storyline for Tarkir could resolve the issue that currently makes it unsuitable for D&D, the timeline issue.

Also the Tarkir set coming in 2025 is part of a Story Arc called Dragonstorm, which includes sets in the new Bloomborrow (think redwall like setting), Duskmourne (fantasy horror mansion inspired by 70s and 80s horror), something called Death Race invovling 3 planes unrevealed, and lastly of course Tarkir.

Perhaps Dragonstorm forges a connection between the MtG and D&D multiverses, I don't know. Honestly I have no idea what possible connection the none Tarkir sets have to Tatkirs Dragonstorms. Some suggest Ravnica's Niv Mizzet could be invovled as well.

Thoughts?

I think WotC are quietly dropping MtG settings. None of them have made much of a splash, and the latest one was a bit of a disaster. Indeed, I think they are dropping "one and done" settings altogether, in favour of letting 3PP produce that sort of stuff and sell it through DDB, whist WotC focus on IPs with established popularity.

For evidence, notice that the Vecna adventure isn't going to be visiting any MtG settings. It would have been an opportunity, if WotC was interested in promoting them.

If they did do more, I would rather have the one with the giant monsters or the cyberpunk samurai.

Not really interested in anthropomorphic otters. :unsure:

Last edited:

I see a foot of Bloomborrow as the future next "member" within the D&D multiverse. This seems an IP with idea to become a "multimedia franchise", with different type of products, like toys and cartoons. And my opinion is WotC cretaed Bloomborrow because they saw Humblewood and they felt envy with the idea.

I suspect after the sourcebook about Ravnica the new planes of M:tG where created and designed with the intention to become also a D&D setting.

Eldraine is other candidate. Innistrad could work as a Ravenloft spin-off.

I think WotC are quietly dropping MtG settings. None of them have made much of a splash, and the latest one was a bit of a disaster. Indeed, I think they are dropping "one and done" settings altogether, in favour of letting 3PP produce that sort of stuff and sell it through DDB, whist WotC focus on IPs with established popularity.

For evidence, notice that the Vecna adventure isn't going to be visiting any MtG settings. It would have been an opportunity, if WotC was interested in promoting them.

If they did do more, I would rather have the one with the giant monsters or the cyberpunk samurai.

You forget that they released the Monster Compendium: Eldraine not long ago.

I see a foot of Bloomborrow as the future next "member" within the D&D multiverse. This seems an IP with idea to become a "multimedia franchise", with different type of products, like toys and cartoons. And my opinion is WotC cretaed Bloomborrow because they saw Humblewood and they felt envy with the idea.

I suspect after the sourcebook about Ravnica the new planes of M:tG where created and designed with the intention to become also a D&D setting.

Eldraine is other candidate. Innistrad could work as a Ravenloft spin-off.

I'm thinking more Tarkir then Bloomborrow given they just put what Humblewood on D&D Beyond.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I like Tarkir and would be interested in a DnD take on it
I would love to see more on Eldraine especially now theyve got the knights questing in the wilds

Parmandur

Book-Friend

By valley accounts, the Magic books did really quite well (Ravnica particularly), I would think the issue is more likely to be a realignment of internal politics between teams making big collaborations happening again less likely, now that James Wyatt isn't bridging the gap personally.

Though more Monstrous Compendi seem plausible.

Remove ads