New Nymph Illo

Renaissance Man

First Post
Check out the new nymph illo on the WotC Revision Spotlight page. A huge improvement over Elmore's version, which IMNSHO resembled nothing so much as a groupie for a hair-metal band. :p

Huzzah!

frankthedm

First Post
I do think there is some historacle precidence [not much] for Nympths having a wrap. Much better than the pron star illo of 3e nonthe less.

Last edited:

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Renaissance Man said:
Check out the new nymph illo on the WotC Revision Spotlight page. A huge improvement over Elmore's version, which IMNSHO resembled nothing so much as a groupie for a hair-metal band. :p

Huzzah!

While I think the artist is technically skilled and it is "good art", it doesn't appeal to me. I don't like big ears, for one thing, and I'm a HUGE Elmore fan, for another.

But, heh, we all have different tastes. There's plenty of art and artists to please us all! :)

hunter1828

Angcuru

First Post
A good pic in itself, but I think the wrap is a bit much. They're supposed to be able to kill things when they are looked at, since they're so figgin' nice lookin'. So...how would that ability make sense if you only really see her from the neck up?

EDIT: no, wait. Check that. The wrap's only there so decency-freaks won't go after WotC. Reasoning: It looks like a plastic tarp she just picked up, not an actual article of clothing. Besides the fact that you can see her wavos.

And another thing. If Nymphs have Charisma 18, this would imply that a creature with CHA 19+ could possible be more beautiful, which brings about the question: If you're hotter than a nymph, should you get the same kill-on-sight ability?

Last edited:

Re: Re: New Nymph Illo

hunter1828 said:

While I think the artist is technically skilled and it is "good art", it doesn't appeal to me. I don't like big ears, for one thing, and I'm a HUGE Elmore fan, for another.

But, heh, we all have different tastes. There's plenty of art and artists to please us all! :)

hunter1828

The nymph has ears? I didn't notice! :D

Suddenly I want to play a druid...

Remove ads