New races and subraces

RhaezDaevan

Explorer
All right! I just needed 10 posts first.

Warforged, Githzerai, Kalashtar: http://worldbuilderblog.me/2014/08/26/lets-get-mental/

Thanks!

I would have hoped the warforged would have sub-races with different armored plating, but not have them wear armor. So a light plating that acts like light armor, a medium plating that acts like medium armor and a heavy plating that acts like heavy armor. All built-in so no need to don them and maybe the medium plating could have a wood variant for warforged druids.

Instead of buying better armor, there could be rules to upgrade your plating to get the effect of better armor.

Jimbro

Explorer
I would have hoped the warforged would have sub-races with different armored plating, but not have them wear armor. So a light plating that acts like light armor, a medium plating that acts like medium armor and a heavy plating that acts like heavy armor. All built-in so no need to don them and maybe the medium plating could have a wood variant for warforged druids.

Instead of buying better armor, there could be rules to upgrade your plating to get the effect of better armor.

That's a really cool idea. They're going to be in the DMG apparently, so it will be cool to see how it turns out!

BigVanVader

First Post
Still waiting on that Dhampir. Do you think you'd change them very much from their Pathfinder incarnation? Or, change them at all?

I'm curious, because there are a lot of different places you could go with it.

Jimbro

Explorer
Still waiting on that Dhampir. Do you think you'd change them very much from their Pathfinder incarnation? Or, change them at all?

I'm curious, because there are a lot of different places you could go with it.

I'm not SUPER familiar with Pathfinder dhampirs, but it seems like a lot of their abilities (unsurprisingly) revolve around undead. I could take a crack at it, but need some more time!

BigVanVader

First Post
Yeah. I love playing them in Pathfinder, but they have this really weird situation where they're "Half-Undead", but they're also living creatures, but they're either unaffected by positive energy or their hurt by it, or something. In all the years I've played Pathfinder, all the times I've seen Paizo officially clarify what they meant by that, I've never completely understood it.

Remove ads