3PP Release New release: Thematic Toolkit: Carry the Darkness

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
The Thematic Toolkit line wraps up with a bang!

In this final, 12-page installment we have three new archetypes:

• Scholars can become Tacticians, masters of the battlefield. If you've wanted a more martial scholar, this has you covered!
  • Sorcerers can become Shadowed, masters of curses and darkness.
  • Wielders can become Burdened, bearers of a powerful (but very cursed) artifact.

As usual, those archetypes are accompanies by three fully-generic synergy feat chains letting you create fully-integrated scholar/sorcerer, scholar/wielder, or wielder/sorcerer multiclass PCs, whether you use the new archetypes or not.

And there are a couple other useful odds and ends like some suggested expansions to the skill specialties list.
Available now from drivethru!

TT_Carry the Darkness_Cover.jpg

Timespike

Also: the end of the Thematic Toolkit line does not mean the end of PMG or the end of me publishing synergy feats! I'll be moving to a larger product called Multiclasser's Manual that will cover synergy feats (and various other goodies) in larger batches to replace the Thematic Toolkit line. Look for the first of those sometime in the spring.

Timespike

Will also say: I highly recommend Lars's work. Just do yourself a favor and snag all three of his releases, the scholar and witch are amazing, and Extra Credit and Deeper Mysteries (his latest) is loaded with good stuff. His herald/death warlock synergy feat chain in particular is a favorite of mine.

Pedantic

Legend
I'm particularly excited about this wielder archetype, it struck me as an obvious expansion point for the class as soon as I saw it!

It looks like Scourging Aura might be missing some text or could use some clarification? This sentence seems off: "As an action, you can activate your artifact's scouring aura by." Additionally, it's not clear to me from reading it if spending artifact points to keep the aura active continues to deal damage, and if so, precisely at what timing. I think the intent is that it happens again at the start of your turn, so maybe something like "...by spending an artifact point (no action required), dealing the same damage to yourself and conscious creatures within 20 ft."

Timespike

That looks like something that may have gotten screwed up in layout. I'll take a look this evening when I'm home with my files. I know Rory and I went back and forth on that feature a bunch.

Timespike

I'm particularly excited about this wielder archetype, it struck me as an obvious expansion point for the class as soon as I saw it!

It looks like Scourging Aura might be missing some text or could use some clarification? This sentence seems off: "As an action, you can activate your artifact's scouring aura by." Additionally, it's not clear to me from reading it if spending artifact points to keep the aura active continues to deal damage, and if so, precisely at what timing. I think the intent is that it happens again at the start of your turn, so maybe something like "...by spending an artifact point (no action required), dealing the same damage to yourself and conscious creatures within 20 ft."
Looks like it was a problem caused during the revision process (on me, not Rory, just to be clear; I deleted more than I should have), not layout, but it's now fixed.

Last edited:

Is the Multiclasser's Manual going to be like MoAR: Complete, a collection of all the current Thematic Toolkits in one book? Or is it something completely new and different? :)

Remove ads