• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Soundset for Syrinscape - Dragon Fight

benjamin

Explorer
Hi All,

Thanks for the friendly response to my little program! Thanks to all those who have joined, and especially to those who have chosen to donate.

:)

I have just uploaded a new soundset! Very excited! I'm pretty happy with
it... It's a Dragon in full attack mode!

Check out a sample of it here...

http://syrinscape.com/VIPsamples

Incase you missed last time I posted... below is what the heck I'm talking
about.......

Syrinscape automatically creates continuous, nonrepeating, sparse,
unobtrusive, adjustable background noise for any Table Top Role Playing
situation. EVEN 4th edition maybe!?!?!

At my website you can listen to mp3 samples of Syrinscape in action. You can watch a youtube video of the program in use... and much much more (well not actually MUCH more, but some).

Come and check it out. My gaming group has been using Syrinscape for 7
months and the players seem to love it. It helps to enhance and maintain the mood brilliantly!

www.syrinscape.com

Ben

Want incredibly atmospheric background
soundscapes for your gaming table?
Go to:
www.syrinscape.com
Download for free!
See a program demo, and listen to mp3s
of Syrinscape in action.

questing gm

First Post
I've watched your Youtube video on your website and I would have to say that what I'm seeing so far sounds AWESOME!

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
I like it. Cool idea. I play over the internet and this would work very well.

((Just a nitpick, you spelled museum wrong on your homepage. ))

benjamin

Explorer
Benjamin the spelling master!

lol

:p

Mislped Musueum...? That's great!

I shall fix it up, thanks.

Have a look in the licence...

I spelt NSW my state as New South Whales... (you know hip-young-seagoing-mamels-who-live-south-of-the-hood)...

Spelling's not a strong suit...

Glad you like the program...

I'd love to hear some feedback from people who have used it at the gaming table... more than 70 people have already downloaded it...!

Ben

questing gm

First Post
I have a question. I posted this on your website forum but I'm going to try here anyway.

Is there a way to customize our own soundscape by choosing which loop and effects we want individually? How do I load them up so that I can compose them all together and save them into a new state? ;)

benjamin

Explorer
How to make your own sound sets....

Hi,

Here's a copy of the reply on my forum...

1. Make a directory: Call it "MyNewSoundSet" (as a sub directory of the Syrinscape install).

2. Copy a wav or mp3 or OggVorbis audio file into the directory. Call it "loop1*.wav" or so forth (eg "loop1 - my rustling sound.wav"). This is the file that will be used for loop 1.

3. Same for loop two.

4. Copy any number of other audio files in: naming them "e1*.wav" (eg "e1 - Distant crash.mp3". These files will be played in effects channel one.

5. Same for channel 2, 3 and 4. Channel four is usually reserved for music.

6. Run Syrinscape. Select your directory. Syrinscape will ask if it can convert any mp3s it finds (It will concert them to wavs).

7. Start all the sounds. Play with the settings till you get the environment you want.

8. Save the state.

9. That's all! You can now start up your set anytime you like by loading this state. REMEMBER: you need to stop and restart the loops to get them to change when you load a new state.

10. Upload you new sound set to the forums! Or contact me and I will package it all up in an installer and add it to the downloads section.

11. If you want some info to display when you load up your set, put a text file called "info.txt" into the same directory. This will diplay whenever that directory is loaded.

Does that make sense? I will pretty this all up and post it as a new tutorial soon. Please ask any clarifying questions you can think of.

Thanks for the interest!

Ben

NOTE: You can see the name of each sound file as it plays in the log panel at the bottom of the interface when you turn on "Log Playback". If you hear a sound you don't like in the Soundsets that I made, just find it and delete it. You can also temporarily remove a sound from playback by renaming it "anything*.wav".

Remove ads