New spells - Good bad or ugly

How would you rate these spells

• spell #1 sucks (LET ME STRESS SUCKS!!!!!)

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • spell #1 sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • spell #1 is ok...(with some revisions need)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • spell #1 is cool, I like it

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • spell #2 sucks (LET ME STRESS SUCKS!!!!!)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • spell #2 sucks

• spell #2 is ok...(with some revisions need

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • spell #2 is cool, I like it

Magic Rub

First Post
Please suggest a spell level for each of these 2 spells, also any comments you may have would be cool.
SPELL #1

Gratis’s “Protection from the Idiots”
School: ???
Level: 3
Component: V,S,M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: Caster
Duration: 1round/per caster level
Saving Throw: None (harmless)
Power Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Description:
The caster gains a +1 cumulative bonus for every 5 points of intelligence he has over his opponent(s) (a minimum bonus of +1 always applies).

Example; Caster (Int. 18), is facing 5 – Orc’s (Int 12), & 2 Goblins (Int. 8). The Caster would have a +2 bonus vs. the goblins, & a +1 bonus vs. the Orc’s.

[EDIT]
The bonus is applied to the casters, A.C., & all roll’s pertaining to any creatures the caster would interact with, Saves, to hit rolls, skill checks ect. Damage rolls dealt by the caster are not subject to bonuses.
[EDIT]

The material component for this spell is a piece of paper inscribed with the phrase “knowledge is power” written in gold leaf. The paper is eaten during the casting of this spell. The cost is 50gp for the finished component.
SPELL #2

Secrete Tome
School: ???
Level: 1
Component: V
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Anywhere within a 5’ radius, centred on the caster.
Target: One of Caster’s Tomes (2’ x 2 x 1’ max size)
Duration: 24 hours
Saving Throw: None (harmless)
Power Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Description:
Hides a single one of the casters tomes of up to 100 pages, in his mind. Your tome is hidden in your mind in the form of an occupied spell slot of equal level to “Gratis’s Secrete”. In essence this spell will use 2 of your allotted spell slots for the day. To recall your tome you must expend the spell slot that contains your tome. Returning the tome to the real world takes 1 action. The tome returns to anywhere within a 5’ radius, centred on the caster, the location to be determined by the caster. Should for some reason the caster loose his memorized spells, the tome will immediately return to the real world within a 5’ radius centred on the caster, the location to be determined by a random 1d8 roll.

-1 – Tome location is determined by DM
-2 – Tome location is determined by caster
-3 to 7 – Tome location is determined at random by DM/Caster in a mutually agreed upon method of “randomness” determination.
-8 – in the least convenient, and/or most “bitterly ironic” spot within range

The caster may only store one tome at any one time in this way.

Last edited:

Bonedagger

First Post
LOL

This is non-topic.

If your game was played in Denmark I would hope that the one named Gratis would considder a name change 'cause in danish Gratis means "For free" or "Free of charge".

Imangine the confusion when you introduce yourself as the one who will take the job with "Hi. I'm 'for free'." Or the babe walking over to the man sitting in the corner of the bar to get information:" I'm 'free of charge'. Do you mind if I sit down?"

Magic Rub

First Post
Yup I know all about the meaning of my mages name:) Now what about the spells.

[edit] the poll tags should say (some revisions needed) not need
me spell so gooder.:eek:

Last edited:

Bonedagger

First Post
The Secret tome one should not work with magical writings (Or anything that has any kind of magic bound to it) such as a spellbook. Then I might considder it as a first level. (If it could it should occupy a high level spellslot... Maybe 2 6th level ones.. dunno. [Edit: Still don't think I would allow it])

The "protection from idiots" should also work in a negative way. So if your opponent is more intelligent than you then bad luck.

Last edited:

Remove ads