New Spider-man no way home trailer

R_J_K75

Legend
Looks cool but think Id prefer a new story with a new villain or two. Kraven and Hobgoblin off the top of my head havent made an appearance yet. This looks like it may suffer from the same thing as the 2007 Spider-Man 3 did, too much packed into one movie. Though as long as "Evil" Peter Parker doesnt start dancing it should be worth watching.

Staffan

Legend
Looks cool but think Id prefer a new story with a new villain or two. Kraven and Hobgoblin off the top of my head havent made an appearance yet. This looks like it may suffer from the same thing as the 2007 Spider-Man 3 did, too much packed into one movie. Though as long as "Evil" Peter Parker doesnt start dancing it should be worth watching.
I doubt we'll ever see Hobgoblin in the movies. Hobgoblin kind of needs the Green Goblin as a predecessor, and there's not really room for that in a typical 3-movie + tie-ins series. You could totally get away with it on a TV show though.

R_J_K75

Legend
I doubt we'll ever see Hobgoblin in the movies. Hobgoblin kind of needs the Green Goblin as a predecessor, and there's not really room for that in a typical 3-movie + tie-ins series. You could totally get away with it on a TV show though.
I see what you mean and I mostly agree. The MCU doesnt need to follow the comics 100%, they didnt with Civil War. They could always do what Nolan did with the Joker in Dark Knight, give no origin or explanation. That comment was off the top of my head and I googled Spider-Mans rogues gallery after and was surprised how many of his enemies made it into the 3 iterations of him on the big screen.

R_J_K75

Legend
... if they kill the MJ we've been following for three movies now to bring in a redhead substitute, I will be most put out.
Same here. In all honesty that seems itd be to easy and to predictable so I doubt thatll happen. If it does I think Ill be done watching the MCU, my interest in the majority of it has been pretty minimal for quite awhile now so it wont take much.

Staffan

Legend
I see what you mean and I mostly agree. The MCU doesnt need to follow the comics 100%, they didnt with Civil War. They could always do what Nolan did with the Joker in Dark Knight, give no origin or explanation. That comment was off the top of my head and I googled Spider-Mans rogues gallery after and was surprised how many of his enemies made it into the 3 iterations of him on the big screen.
Sure, and for most of his rogue's gallery I'd agree. It's just that Hobgoblin specifically kind of needs to have the Green Goblin as a predecessor.

R_J_K75

Legend
Sure, and for most of his rogue's gallery I'd agree. It's just that Hobgoblin specifically kind of needs to have the Green Goblin as a predecessor.
For the full effect you are correct. Wasnt Ned Leeds the first one to be the Hobgoblin, or framed to be? Been so long IDR and I stopped reading them for 20+ years about 86-87.

The multiverse angle is genius. It breaks the 4th wall without breaking the 4th wall. Also, and more importantly, it gives us the best versions of villains we've seen on the big screen. I loved Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina in the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies. Taking the best portrayals of classic Spiderman villains from other franchises and putting them onscreen is a recipe for success; because let's be honest, half of the reason why Marvel movies have succeeded is they cast the right people.

Ryujin

Legend
Except, not for the conceit of this specific movie. They can pull in literally any of the classic Spider-Man villains without any backstory at all, because of the Multiverse bleed-through.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases