• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Stat Block Output for PCGEN and/or eTools?

Wonger

First Post
I have both e-tools and PC Gen. I really like the new style stat blocks that are used in the MM IV (and have been highlighted at Paizo and the D&D official site). That leads me to two questions:

1. Specifically, does anyone know where I can download output sheets in that new style for PCGen and/or eTools?

2. In general, is there a good site or repository that has a lot of output sheets fo these programs?

Thanks!

Andre

First Post
Wonger said:
I have both e-tools and PC Gen. I really like the new style stat blocks that are used in the MM IV (and have been highlighted at Paizo and the D&D official site). That leads me to two questions:

1. Specifically, does anyone know where I can download output sheets in that new style for PCGen and/or eTools?

2. In general, is there a good site or repository that has a lot of output sheets fo these programs?

Thanks!

Keep in mind this isn't just a case of changing the output sheet - the underlying database has to be modified. A couple examples:

*The new stat block lists "Senses". I doubt very much that any current creature database has such a field - instead those abilities are listed as Special Abilities.
*The new stat block lists "Atk Options" which appear to be a subset of feats. A current database probably lists those under "Feats", with no way to distinguish them from other feats.

That said, it's possible to adapt a database to output in the new stat block, but it will require quite a bit of work on the structure, so I wouldn't expect any quick fixes for this.

-----------------

This isn't a site for those programs, but there are quite a few SRD creatures available for download and/or printing with the new stat block:

http://mikael.borjesson.net/dnd/monster-list.asp

schporto

First Post
Here's one I made for use with PCGen 5.81. It is not perfect, you need to do a bunch of editing after, BUT it gets most stuff in the right order, and editing after isn't too difficult.
Change the extension to html when you download it.

Attachments

• csheet_NewFormat.txt
    7.2 KB · Views: 81

kingpaul

First Post
Wonger said:
I can't speak on eTools. However, there are open trackers for both the output sheet and the underlying code changes necessary to make the new stat block work. I'm not sure what the status of these changes are.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads