Unearthed Arcana New UA: 43 D&D Class Feature Variants

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

B080A4DE-6E00-44A2-9047-F53CB302EA6D.png

Al2O3

Explorer
They will not change classes through errata or by making an entire new class.

This seems to be the solution of "how to fix all the things they learned how to do better". Beast master beasts balanced the way they figured out for the Iron Defender. More maneuvers and fighting styles. Alternative features for the ranger exploration "ribbons".

I like the concept, but not all of the specific features.

This is good. Pathfinder 1st Ed has had this kind of stuff for years now and I always figured WotC did not do the same sooner because it would look like they were copying their rivals.

Undrave

Legend
I know a Warlock who'll be happy for some versatility.

The new maneuvers and fighting styles are pretty fantastic. The ones that grant cantrips are a BIT strong for my taste, but I think the Ranger needed that, especially if you want to play a more magical Ranger.

And the power creep continues to grow, unchecked.

This is a UA though, if you think it's power creep you should make sure to fill the survey.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I just started playing a halfling gloom stalker ranger. I’m gonna ask if I can use some of these options. I really like the ranger changes.

I see some BM maneuvers directly address out of combat functionality, which is nice for those wanting more of these options

Remove ads

Remove ads