Unearthed Arcana New UA: 43 D&D Class Feature Variants

The latest Unearthed Arcana is a big 13-page document! “Every character class in D&D has features, and every class gets one or more class feature variants in today’s Unearthed Arcana! These variants replace or enhance a class’s normal features, giving you new ways to enjoy your character’s class.”

B080A4DE-6E00-44A2-9047-F53CB302EA6D.png

Last edited:

Chaosmancer

Legend
I've been going through and compiling my homebrew for the various classes, and I just came across something.

The Blind-Fighting fighting style does the entire first part of the Ranger's 18th level Feral Senses ability. I think that is a sign that 18th level is far too high for that sort of ability.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
I think that is a sign that 18th level is far too high for that sort of ability.

OR it means that the Blight-Fighting fighting style is too powerful of an ability for a fighting style! There are two ways to view that duality.

I mean, I want to be able to play a blind swordsman concept, but that doesn't mean taht mechanically it's not too good as a fighting style.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
OR it means that the Blight-Fighting fighting style is too powerful of an ability for a fighting style! There are two ways to view that duality.

I mean, I want to be able to play a blind swordsman concept, but that doesn't mean taht mechanically it's not too good as a fighting style.
It just isn’t that big of a deal, and the ranger gets several wildly overvalued abilities.

Chaosmancer

Legend

Possible, but I think a good indicator is that no one raised a flag about this being too powerful before right now. In fact, people loved the idea.

I think that shows that this ability was considered just fine, and I never even blinked until I ran into Feral Senses during my edits.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
a good indicator is that no one raised a flag about this

Hmm, I'm not going back through 45 other pages, but I seem to remember people raising it as an issue.

Treant Monk bombed on it pretty hard in his review of these Class Features. I know he's not an oracle of any sort or official mouthpiece, but he's pretty level headed in his analysis usually. Check out his analysis of Blind Fighting here

So to say that "no one raised a flag" isn't real. Maybe not a huge outcry per se, but yeah. It's a very strong ability for 1st level.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Hmm, I'm not going back through 45 other pages, but I seem to remember people raising it as an issue.

Treant Monk bombed on it pretty hard in his review of these Class Features. I know he's not an oracle of any sort or official mouthpiece, but he's pretty level headed in his analysis usually. Check out his analysis of Blind Fighting here

So to say that "no one raised a flag" isn't real. Maybe not a huge outcry per se, but yeah. It's a very strong ability for 1st level.

I haven't watched his stuff in a long time.

Of course, this is probably just memory bias on my part.

Blind Fight let's you use Darkness/Devil Sight tactics with... almost anything that obscures sight. Minus the ability to actually see stuff, that is.

Weiley31

Legend
So for the Artificer, how would this UA work in regards to their Spellcasting Versatility? Does it apply to their cantrips only or Infusions?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases