New Unarmed Feats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
That make the feat more stronger, as 19/x3 is better than 18/x2, but at least it bring something new. But I'm trying to think to the high level monk who roll 3d20 for damage... that's can be a lot of damage... I must say that I don't know if it is a good idea for a feat.
It's on par at the earliest level a Monk can take it (15th, since he needs Improved Critical, which he can't get before 12th) with anything else he might be able to take. And remember, a critical needs to be confirmed, and the Monk's BAB isn't extremely high, nor is it subject to as many magical bonuses as a normal weapon, so all in all, I think it balances out. And if a Non-monk takes it, well, what's the big deal?

Mechanicly, you're better off taking a level of some psionic class or something that lets you get psionic focus so you can take psionic fist to add 2d6 to any attack. But it's flavorful, and it gives you the potential for a very deadly strike on a rare critical. And keep in mind, 3d20 ranges from 3-60, so it has a large range and could still be very inefective too.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Not to nitpick, but a 20th level monk deals 2d10 damage with their unarmed strikes, not 1d20. So on a x3 crit that becomes 6d10, not 3d20.
Still, it seems like a nice feat, and would serve to fill a feat slot I didn't know what to do with with my monk, Rodimus.

fuzzy

First Post
Suggestions noted.
Here is Ki Critical, version 2

Ki Critical
Prerequisites: Ki Strike (magic), BAB +8, Stunning Fist, Wis 13, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Critical (Unarmed)
Benefit: Your critical multiplier is increased to x3 on unarmed attacks.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
I would approve the second version of this feat.

Personally, I've only been underwhelmed by my own personal and witnessed experiences with the monk. In my very humble opinion, it would probably still be balanced if the crit multiplier became x4. But I'm sure that there is a great number of people out there that would heartily disagree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads