D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Wander into the magical realm of the Feywild with our latest Unearthed Arcana: Folk of the Feywild!

Your character can be a member of one of the new D&D races: fairy, hobgoblin of the Feywild, owlfolk, or rabbitfolk. Which will you choose?

Playtest now:

45029A1A-E1B6-4BBD-93DB-33A363112735.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

"Hare-Trigger. You add your proficiency bonus to your initiative rolls"

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

I wonder what this could be presaging - a Feywild adventure path, Planescape, Manual of the Planes?

Faolyn

(she/her)
So what terms should we use to distinguish the Fey Hobgoblin from the other Hobgoblin that appeared in Eberron Rising from the Last War?
Yeah, I'm thinking they need to change the name. Although I'm not sure to what, since hobgoblin does have fairy-tale usage. Maybe just hob? It wouldn't be the first time that D&D used some minor variations of a word to denote entirely different creatures.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Yeah, I'm thinking they need to change the name. Although I'm not sure to what, since hobgoblin does have fairy-tale usage. Maybe just hob? It wouldn't be the first time that D&D used some minor variations of a word to denote entirely different creatures.

Wouldnt it be possible for the first hobgoblins settlers of the old Dakanhi (sp?) empire of Eberron to come from Thelanis, the fey-plane of Eberron?

Remathilis

Legend
Hmm... The names seem awfully generic and there isn't much lore on each race. I'm going out on a limb they are placeholder info for some rules and the real lore if being hidden to not give away the project...

Anyone know enough about MTG lore to see if these line up with any creature types? Lorwyn perhaps?

I could be wrong, but this feels a little like the centaur minotaur UA or the School of Invention/Circle of Spores UA...

Combined with the dragon one from before, I wonder if they're going for a Feywild-type book instead of a Draconomicon-type book.

Edit: The Drakewarden feels like it could be fey, although the Ascendant Dragon has less of a fey feel to me.
Maybe a monster book concerning innately magical creatures, which would include both dragons and fey? Volo's and Mordenkainen's both had a mix of creature types, so doing both fey and dragons in one book wouldn't be unprecedented...

Faolyn

(she/her)
Hmm... The names seem awfully generic and there isn't much lore on each race. I'm going out on a limb they are placeholder info for some rules and the real lore if being hidden to not give away the project...

Anyone know enough about MTG lore to see if these line up with any creature types? Lorwyn perhaps?
I saw Thrones of Eldaine, but all I know is from that article, since I don't play MtG. It "involves cards inspired by Grimm's fairy tales and Arthurian legend."

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases