Unearthed Arcana New Unearthed Arcana - Subclasses 2 [UPDATED]

The latest Unearthed Arcana contains three new subclasses: the bardic College of Creation, the cleric's Love Domain, and the sorcerer's Clockwork Soul.

UPDATE - WoTC appears to have removed this PDF. The link now leads to the previous Unearthed Arcana.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 8.04.39 PM.png

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I foresee a lot of support builds taking 1 level dips into Love Cleric for the hour-long non-Concentration Bless/Guidance combo. (Blessidance?) A Love Cleric 1/Lore Bard X build might even give Life Cleric 1/Lore Bard X a run for its money as the ultimate support build, in everything but pure healing output.

I do like that they've tried to balance it by only having it affect 2 creatures at a time instead of 3, the extra d4 only being able to be used once per turn so it doesn't affect every one of the characters' attack rolls, and requiring that the two targets stay within 30 feet of each other to get the benefit.

Still seems very powerful/useful. Especially since it allows multiple additional uses each day by simply burning a spell slot.

Last edited:

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
College of Creation
For the Thunderwave-spamming bard who turns to the conjuration wizard sitting next to him and asks “hey, can you teach me how to cast transmutation magic like animate objects?”

Love Domain
I see someone at WOTC’s been reading Mato Seihei no Slave and was told they had to tone it down...

Clockwork Sorcerer
Cool concept, but shouldn’t they have phrased the Restore Balance feature as just straight up canceling advantage and disadvantage? It probably would have been much easier.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
My opinions of them:

Creation bard: Dancing Item should be at level 3. I think its a cool idea for a pet-bard, but at level 14 it wont see much play time, I fear. The rest is cool.

Love cleric: Wonderful, I feel this one and the Twilight cleric may be my favorite achetypes in the game for now.

Clockwork Sorcerer: I love the theme, but I'd change some things. Clockwork Calvacade is a lame feature for a capstone, is more or less a mix of 2 improved cantrips (spare the dying and mending) and dispel magic. Its nice but niche. I'd put it at 6th level instead of Bulwark of Law which I find a little dull, and replace the 18th feature with a refluff of the Necromancer wizard feature to dominate undead to work with construct instead.

Weiley31

Legend
Creation bard: Dancing Item should be at level 3. I think its a cool idea for a pet-bard, but at level 14 it wont see much play time, I fear. The rest is cool.
THIS so much. The idea of smacking fools with a Force damaging, dancing Broomstick is something I would do.
I also need an excuse for a Sword Familiar too.

Hmm..I noticed just now alotta 5E classes I wanna play as are UA.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases