D&D 5E New Unearthed Arcana Today: Giant Themed Class Options and Feats

A new Unearthed Arcana dropped today, focusing on giant-themed player options. "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options related to the magic and majesty of giants. This playtest document presents the Path of the Giant barbarian subclass, the Circle of the Primeval druid subclass, the Runecrafter wizard subclass, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons &...

A new Unearthed Arcana dropped today, focusing on giant-themed player options. "In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options related to the magic and majesty of giants. This playtest document presents the Path of the Giant barbarian subclass, the Circle of the Primeval druid subclass, the Runecrafter wizard subclass, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons & Dragons."

New Class options:
  • Barbarian: Path of the Giant
  • Druid: Circle of the Primeval
  • Wizard: Runecrafter Tradition
New Feats:
  • Elemental Touched
  • Ember of the Fire Giant
  • Fury of the Frost Giant
  • Guile of the Cloud Giant
  • Keeness of the Stone Giant
  • Outsized Might
  • Rune Carver Apprentice
  • Rune Carvwr Adept
  • Soul of the Storm Giant
  • Vigor of the Hill Giant
WotC's Jeremy Crawford talks Barbarian Path of the Giant here:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I haven't really dealt with that, ever. I tend to play with only very close family and friends, whi h may help?
Yeah, I play with friends and we all roll because we prefer it, there's something fun about seeing how the dice fall and I highly doubt that people are cheating. No one complains when one player has scores higher than the others since none of that really matters when we sit down to play.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
But then you get Hill Giants, who are basically jumped up ogres.
Yeah, Hill Giants really need a better reason to exist, because I would expect Trolls, or Oni or Formorian or Verbeeg or Firbolg to take their place in the Ordning. Each of them is more intelligent and competent than a Hill Giant.

Maybe some kind of giant mole people? Digging the hills to find food and stuff?

Weiley31

Legend
Well, I know one problem with the Primeval Druid. There's nothing on there in that Pet Stat block about it being a prehistoric bird or any other flying creatures.
Because let's be real: if they are going in on Dinosaurs, then there were Dinosaurs that could fly.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Well, I know one problem with the Primeval Druid. There's nothing on there in that Pet Stat block about it being a prehistoric bird or any other flying creatures.
Because let's be real: if they are going in on Dinosaurs, then there were Dinosaurs that could fly.
AHKSUALLY....pterosaurs are reptiles, not dinosaurs.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they limited the choice to the one statblock to avoid questions like that. Worth bringing up in feedback, they might add another stat block, similar to the Tasha's Ranger.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they limited the choice to the one statblock to avoid questions like that. Worth bringing up in feedback, they might add another stat block, similar to the Tasha's Ranger.
Clearly their attempt to avoid questions was doomed to failure. Nothing comes out of that company that isn't analyzed to death by the public.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Clearly their attempt to avoid questions was doomed to failure. Nothing comes out of that company that isn't analyzed to death by the public.
I mean in thst a flying option isn't on the table, there's just one stst block thst can be fluffed however one wants, but has no different abilities beyond what's specified.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
AHKSUALLY....pterosaurs are reptiles, not dinosaurs.
Pterosaurs are archosaurs, just like birds or crocodiles. Specifically they are Bird-Line Archosaurs, being closer to Dinosauria than any other modern creatures, though still outside of dinosaurs proper (And not even their closest relatives, which would be the Silesaurids which... Tend to go in and out of dinosaurs proper)

Also were covered in not-feathers called pycnofibers. Remember, don't shave your pterosaurs. Let them have their fluff

Remove ads

Remove ads