D&D 5E New Vecna Battle (Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!!!) - CONCLUDED

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
4.7.14 (Zombie) The zombie takes 10 radiant damage from the holy nimbus and then retreats into the shadows.

1658111098604.png

It is now Vecna's Turn on Initiative 12.

Last edited:

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
4.7.12 (Vecna) Venca teleports next to Pyre, inflicting 14 psychic damage and healing his wounds.

Again, she is assaulted by his necrotic magic, but this time the Rogue is ready and steals herself against it (SAVES roll 18+4=22 vs DC 22 CON save), taking only 26 necrotic damage (half 53 of half 106).

Vecna stabs Pyre with Afterthought twice again, hitting (Roll 6+13=19, 12+13=25 vs AC 17) and dealing a total of 5 damage (uncanny dodge half: 9 piercing + 2 necrotic (half 4)) and 13 damage (9 piercing + 4 necrotic (half 8)). Pyre is now affected by Afterthought three times!

"Soon you will die, little fly..." Vecna sneers, then turning to Vyrlim, "Watch as another of your allies perishes by MY hand!"

1658111419129.png

@Smythe the Bard it is now Vyrlim's Turn on Initiative 2.

"Dude this is such a most non-triumphant turn of events" Vyrlim exclaims as he runs up to Vecna "Sorry bro, got to get next to the evil dead dude." as he tries not to step on Lossy's body. Vyrlim strikes with his most bodacious Lightsa... I mean Sunblade (4 lvl slot for Smite) and then attacks with his shield to shove Vecna north over the wall and into that fizzy green stuff. "Catch you later evil dead dude!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Could just be the format that's hard to follow, but...Stroke of Luck? Uncanny Dodge?

Lucky Feat:
You have inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment.

• You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You can choose to spend one of your luck points after you roll the die, but before the outcome is determined. You choose which of the d20s is used for the attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.
  • You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20, and then choose whether the attack uses the attacker's roll or yours. If more than one creature spends a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll, the points cancel each other out; no additional dice are rolled.
  • You regain your expended luck points when you finish a long rest.

Uncanny Dodge is a level Rogue feature: "When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you."

No, I mean, couldn't you have used Stroke of Luck when you rolled a 3 on your attack? Again, possible I missed it or that you'd already used it. Likewise with the Uncanny Dodge -- it didn't seem like you had used it, but skimming through these posts isn't the easiest.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
No, I mean, couldn't you have used Stroke of Luck when you rolled a 3 on your attack?
Yeah, that's what I was hinting at... 🤷‍♂️

4.7.2 (Vyrlim) "Dude this is such a most non-triumphant turn of events" Vyrlim exclaims as he runs up to Vecna "Sorry bro, got to get next to the evil dead dude." and then he rushes over to confront the archlich.

He swings his sunblade and HITS (Roll 18+11=29 vs. AC 18) for 26 radiant damage (half 52), but the crackling black tether between himself and Vecna pulses with dark energy and Vyrlim takes 13 radiant damage (half 26).

Vecna utters a fell word and Vyrlim takes 14 psychic damage as Vecna teleports back.

Vyrlim advances to keep Vecna in the holy nimbus

1658136635747.png

It is now Lair Actions on Initiative 20 (round #8).

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
4.8.20 (Lair Action) A horrid soul manifests and attacks Vyrlim, dealing 14 necrotic damage (half 28 of half 57 SAVED roll 15+7=22 vs. DC 20 CON save) before the soul disappears!

@FitzTheRuke it is now Pyre's Turn on Initiative 19.

NOTE: Pyre takes a total of 13 necrotic damage (half 10+6+10), and fails all three saves to shrug of Afterthought's effects (rolls 15,14,1+4= 19,18,5 vs. DC 20 CON save).

1658137157324.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases