• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Weapon Sketch(es)

Tetsubo

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
So that is what a Sword of Chaos looks like...I have been wondering. I keep saving all of these for when I make a new character and need a cool weapon.

Well, that's what *I* think a Sword of Chaos looks like... :)

Do you have a website perhaps where one can see your entire catalog of sketches? :) If not, why not?

Probably a year or more back I was inspired by your sketches to do a few of my own. I have no ability with pen, ink or the like so I use Campaign Cartographer. Helps me get curves and mirror images exactly correct which I could never otherwise do. I'd like to go back and draw some of what I saw in your older threads as well as some of what's in this one if I had the linksto those threads.

Tetsubo

First Post
Man in the Funny Hat said:
Do you have a website perhaps where one can see your entire catalog of sketches? :) If not, why not?

Probably a year or more back I was inspired by your sketches to do a few of my own. I have no ability with pen, ink or the like so I use Campaign Cartographer. Helps me get curves and mirror images exactly correct which I could never otherwise do. I'd like to go back and draw some of what I saw in your older threads as well as some of what's in this one if I had the links to those threads.

At the moment I do not have a site with my sketch collection. Mostly because I have been lazy about getting it done... I think my old thread "Weapon Illustrations" is still in existence on this board though... I will try and get my buns in gear and find a hosting site...

I'd love to see what you've done with CC...

Tetsubo

First Post
This one took a lot of layout time. I've gotten a system for the "snake spear" type blade now but it is time consuming.
I think it is interesting to see how far I have improved. Compare my first Tiger Spear with this one...

Attachments

• tigerspear-a.jpg
    tigerspear-a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 128
  • polearm75.jpg
    polearm75.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 107

Tetsubo

First Post
With this design I've tried to break down what a Halberd is and take a fresh look at it. The halberd has always been the Swiss Army Knife of the polearms. I've tried to emphasis this here.

The spear point is self-explanatory. The back spike is for penetrating heavy armour and takes advantage of the Halberds long pole and solidly built head. The upper radius of the axehead could be used as a "blocking" device. The lower radius could be used for disarming attempts, trips and to "catch" shields. The axehead is also fairly straight forward...

Attachments

• polearm76.jpg
    polearm76.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 128

Tetsubo

First Post
Mace + axe = maxe. More edge than a mace, much heavier and thicker than an axe. Split some skulls, smash some bones...

Attachments

• maxe.jpg
    maxe.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 121

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads