New Weapon Sketch(es)

Tetsubo

First Post
Amazing Triangle said:
So that is what a Sword of Chaos looks like...I have been wondering. I keep saving all of these for when I make a new character and need a cool weapon.

Well, that's what *I* think a Sword of Chaos looks like... :)

Do you have a website perhaps where one can see your entire catalog of sketches? :) If not, why not?

Probably a year or more back I was inspired by your sketches to do a few of my own. I have no ability with pen, ink or the like so I use Campaign Cartographer. Helps me get curves and mirror images exactly correct which I could never otherwise do. I'd like to go back and draw some of what I saw in your older threads as well as some of what's in this one if I had the linksto those threads.

Tetsubo

First Post
Man in the Funny Hat said:
Do you have a website perhaps where one can see your entire catalog of sketches? :) If not, why not?

Probably a year or more back I was inspired by your sketches to do a few of my own. I have no ability with pen, ink or the like so I use Campaign Cartographer. Helps me get curves and mirror images exactly correct which I could never otherwise do. I'd like to go back and draw some of what I saw in your older threads as well as some of what's in this one if I had the links to those threads.

At the moment I do not have a site with my sketch collection. Mostly because I have been lazy about getting it done... I think my old thread "Weapon Illustrations" is still in existence on this board though... I will try and get my buns in gear and find a hosting site...

I'd love to see what you've done with CC...

Tetsubo

First Post
This one took a lot of layout time. I've gotten a system for the "snake spear" type blade now but it is time consuming.
I think it is interesting to see how far I have improved. Compare my first Tiger Spear with this one...

Attachments

• tigerspear-a.jpg
    tigerspear-a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 140
  • polearm75.jpg
    polearm75.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 124

Tetsubo

First Post
With this design I've tried to break down what a Halberd is and take a fresh look at it. The halberd has always been the Swiss Army Knife of the polearms. I've tried to emphasis this here.

The spear point is self-explanatory. The back spike is for penetrating heavy armour and takes advantage of the Halberds long pole and solidly built head. The upper radius of the axehead could be used as a "blocking" device. The lower radius could be used for disarming attempts, trips and to "catch" shields. The axehead is also fairly straight forward...

Attachments

• polearm76.jpg
    polearm76.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 144

Tetsubo

First Post
Mace + axe = maxe. More edge than a mace, much heavier and thicker than an axe. Split some skulls, smash some bones...

Attachments

• maxe.jpg
    maxe.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 135

Remove ads