D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
So they're floating a VTT and digital tools for the nth time? Color me unimpressed. I'm not about to give up $1,000 in content purchased and thousands of hours of homebrew creation between Roll20 and D&D Beyond.
If they pull the licenses, you won’t have a choice. If WotC does move into 1st party digital tools, the very first thing they will do is pull those licenses. This is why I’ve never done D&D Beyond. My investment vanishes the second WotC says so. Nope. Give me print or give me downloadable PDFs. I’m paying to own, not rent.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I got no NDA or anything else interesting. Funny thing asked me if I used the D&D Discord, and when I said "No." it asked me what I thought of the D&D Discord. THEN, when I answered "I don't know" to every one of their questions (having never seen the D&D Discord), it asked me how they could improve the D&D Discord (to which I answered, "I don't know... I just told you that I've never seen it. How could I tell you how to make it better?"

... They really suck at surveys.

CM

Adventurer
If they pull the licenses, you won’t have a choice. If WotC does move into 1st party digital tools, the very first thing they will do is pull those licenses. This is why I’ve never done D&D Beyond. My investment vanishes the second WotC says so. Nope. Give me print or give me downloadable PDFs. I’m paying to own, not rent.
Pulling a move like that would be PR suicide at this point, on the level of when TSR started C&Ding fansites that had nothing but homebrew.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Copy. Paste. In the meantime you have tools. That's what I do.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Especially if, despite what they say, they actually show the same "product" to everyone. The one I've seen might certainly make a certain business partner somewhat nervous.
If this is what it sounds like, and they screw over above reference partners, I will stop giving them any money. I know it won’t matter, but the only thing that actually matters in life, on any level, is how one treats other people. If they make a thing that directly competes with and invalidates a certain popular service, that’s it.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases