D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

WotC has launched a new survey about the future of D&D. This survey includes an NDA (which some people have not taken to well!) halfway through, which asks you not to talk about the survey on pain of being tracked down and fined, but it's about an upcoming (unannounced) new D&D product. You can find out what it is by taking the survey (or it's all over social media aready).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Still reading the thread.

BUT, VTT?? I remember at D&D XP watching it crash over, and over, and over. again I guess given enough time they could fix it.

AND, VTT bridges gap to new edition?

OK.

BigZebra

Adventurer
This is such a no-brainer. I have just been waiting for Wizards to do this. It's the next logical move in 2012. If they don't do it, at some point someone will leave them behind in the dust.
They botched the vision in 2008 with 4e (unfortunately). In a way they were a bit ahead of times those 13 years ago.
Of course they want those subscribers; there is nothing like recurring revenue for a business. It's heroin.

What with all other licensee? I were those I would start focusing on smaller brands that don't have the resources to make their own dedicated VTT. Like CoC, Pathfinder etc. Go all in on those. I agree Wizards won't pull any licenses right out of the gate, it will happen slowly. They might consider giving out licenses for older versions. That way the new systems can be all 5e/5.5e/6e (or whatever it is), and Roll20 and FG can get licenses for 2e, 3.5e and 4e. If 3rd parties dare touch them at this point :)

Anyway, a system that is geared towards both all remote and all in person but with digital tools, seems awesome honestly. I'd buy.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
When they asked me if WotC should purchase Paizo or Chaosium next, I voted Chaosium. I think WotC has had their eye on Call of Cthulhu for quite some time now.

imagineGod

Legend
Clearly they are trying to break into the old-school gaming community. Going for that classic TSR feel, you know?
In a globally connected world of today with many options, not the small America of TSR, it is amusing that layers still believe lawsuits can reach someone in China or Russia. .But I guess American lawyers still think the world revolves around America .

I answered "How will you feel when gnomes are exorcised from D&D" with Highly Satisfied. Didn't you?
I was a bit confused by that question.

I wasn't sure if they meant 'excised' in which case I would have been Satisfised, or "exorcised", which would be more interesting, but makes me want to ask, who, why, where, and is this going to be the focus of the next hardback campaign?

pming

Legend
Hiya!

My prediction (without giving anything away in the survey)...

The reason is simply to see if they can get away with the removal of "races" (ancestries, species, whatever word they want to use) from 6e...at least in the sense of "Elves have Darkvision, Halflings are Stealthy, Half-Orcs are Tough...etc". I could mention the 'why' I think they want to do this, but I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules to mention, so...yeah. That's my prediction on the reasoning for the survey.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads

Remove ads