D&D 5E New WotC Survey! Learn About A New D&D Product!

Hiya!

My prediction (without giving anything away in the survey)...

The reason is simply to see if they can get away with the removal of "races" (ancestries, species, whatever word they want to use) from 6e...at least in the sense of "Elves have Darkvision, Halflings are Stealthy, Half-Orcs are Tough...etc". I could mention the 'why' I think they want to do this, but I'm pretty sure it's against the forum rules to mention, so...yeah. That's my prediction on the reasoning for the survey.

^_^

Paul L. Ming
They asked about each specific feature of all the major races.

So this suggests they probably want to keep at least some of them, but if they're reworking races to include the lineage options then they want to review them, perhaps to see if there are specific issues people have.

Yaarel

He Mage
They asked about each specific feature of all the major races.

So this suggests they probably want to keep at least some of them, but if they're reworking races to include the lineage options then they want to review them, perhaps to see if there are specific issues people have.
I assume they will keep every official lineage. But, for example, if they offer lineage feats and trait swaps to customize a lineage, they probably want to know what the default should be.

ccs

41st lv DM
I answered a bunch of questions, but I had no NDA and wasn't shown any video or anything.
Same here.
*A bunch of "How satisfied are you with _____ racial traits" & some basic stuff about what's advantage etc.
*One of the questions was if I'd ever used the D&D Discord. Answered "No" - and then got asked how it could be improved. ?? How in the world would I know? I've never used it!
*Then the usual personal stuff - gender/education/income/etc
And that was it....

And taking it again on my phone....
Fed them some different answers & got;
*Still no NDA, video, or anything of interest.
*Slightly expanded questions about racial abilities.
*Told them I used Discord & got an expanded satisfaction survey.
*Got asked a bunch of spending questions based on the last twelve months.

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I got the questions about races etc. but much to my disappointment there was no question asking which races were necessary to keep and which could (and should) be tossed.

Also, did not get any NDA nor some other questions people here seem to have had, nor any video. I told it my age (59) and that I'd only played 1e within the last year, either of which might have whacked me from further participation in their survey.

And that annoys me to no end.

Aldarc

Legend
So they're floating a VTT and digital tools for the nth time? Color me unimpressed. I'm not about to give up $1,000 in content purchased and thousands of hours of homebrew creation between Roll20 and D&D Beyond.
I get the feeling that companies are learning the wrong lesson from the Streaming Wars (e.g., Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, etc.). It's far from a secret that piracy went down when people only were paying 1-2 streaming services, but it went back up (way back up) once the streaming services started fragmenting.

I got the questions about races etc. but much to my disappointment there was no question asking which races were necessary to keep and which could (and should) be tossed.

Also, did not get any NDA nor some other questions people here seem to have had, nor any video. I told it my age (59) and that I'd only played 1e within the last year, either of which might have whacked me from further participation in their survey.

And that annoys me to no end.
As I believe @Sacrosanct said, the survey feels a bit useless if you can't express why you are dissatisfied with certain ancestries or their features. It will definitely look like mixed messages, for example, if I say that I am dissatisfied with the half-orc, because I believe the orc has earned its spot but then say that I'm basically satisfied with the half-orc features.

I didn't get any NDA nor hint of any special surprise. I did get a reasonable amount of general questions about current and past D&D experience (including several questions to make sure I actually did know how the game works--I wonder if they've had problems with people that don't play the game taking the survey?), a lot of questions about my satisfaction with details of the PHB races and subraces, and a few questions on spending habits and Discord.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases