• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

newbies guide for Fallout 4

pukunui

Legend
Visible Galaxy 4k and Framework and Visible Galaxy 4K - Flickering Fix the issue with in game bunkbeds that you can build is that they only count as 1 bed but with the snap beds mod SnapBeds - Usable Bunk Beds - Mix and Match Beds

Thanks. That first video helps - that confirms that the conduits are the answer. It's a shame you can only run them along the floor or ceiling though. I have a bunch of wall lights in the big dining hall area of Sunshine Tidings Co-op, and it would be nice to run conduits along the walls between them, but it looks like I'll need to put some radiating conduits on the ceiling instead.

As for the logic gates, that's probably a step too far for me. I'm no electrical engineer, so I think I will keep things simple.

Zardnaar

Legend
Thanks. That first video helps - that confirms that the conduits are the answer. It's a shame you can only run them along the floor or ceiling though. I have a bunch of wall lights in the big dining hall area of Sunshine Tidings Co-op, and it would be nice to run conduits along the walls between them, but it looks like I'll need to put some radiating conduits on the ceiling instead.

As for the logic gates, that's probably a step too far for me. I'm no electrical engineer, so I think I will keep things simple.

I tend to hide stuff. By strategic placement of furniture, walls, roofs etc minimal lines and power conduits are needed.

pukunui

Legend
How do you move corpses? I read that you can hold down E and drag them, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Like, I can make the corpse jiggle a bit, but as soon as I start to move away, it just flops down again. I want to try and tidy up some of my settlements.

EDIT: Also, I couldn't get the conduits to do what I wanted inside, so I gave up and went back to the pylons. :(

I did successfully hook up two laser turrets on the roof using conduits, so ...

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
How do you move corpses? I read that you can hold down E and drag them, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Like, I can make the corpse jiggle a bit, but as soon as I start to move away, it just flops down again. I want to try and tidy up some of my settlements.

EDIT: Also, I couldn't get the conduits to do what I wanted inside, so I gave up and went back to the pylons. :(

I suck at conduits. My builds tend to be boxes and preconstructed.

Correspondence are mods iirc.

Kaodi

Hero
Perception will help your accuracy in VATS but the other key thing is the range of your weapon. Well, that and whether you have an available critical hit. With a critical hit a 1% chance to hit is more like a 99.9% chance to hit.

so I use Settlement Electricity Overhaul which gives you a wireless fusebox that gives you 1000 power. Just so I don't have to worry about wires.

Then I also use Remove Turret Power Requirement so i don't need to worry about my turrets needing power.

and for all your corpse removal needs Scrap dead things

pukunui

Legend
I finally made it into the Institute last night. Man, despite the big plot twist, I could barely restrain myself from blowing the place up right then and there. That said, while I was exploring, I came across a terminal that basically proved that Diamond City's mayor is a synth, but it doesn't seem like I can tell Piper that in conversation. When does that knowledge come into play?

I finally made it into the Institute last night. Man, despite the big plot twist, I could barely restrain myself from blowing the place up right then and there. That said, while I was exploring, I came across a terminal that basically proved that Diamond City's mayor is a synth, but it doesn't seem like I can tell Piper that in conversation. When does that knowledge come into play?
after you blow the institute, you go back to diamond city and he's taken a hostage and you can either spare him by exiling him or kill him

pukunui

Legend
after you blow the institute, you go back to diamond city and he's taken a hostage and you can either spare him by exiling him or kill him
Huh. OK. I was hoping I might actually be able to do something with the intel I gained while snooping in the Institute. Like I also found out which traders and shopkeepers are Institute informants. That seems like useful info too, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with it right now.

In other news, I finally figured out how to move corpses! It's not easy, but I've managed to do it a few times now. For one thing, Dogmeat loves to get in the way. I ended up sending him to his doghouse to get him out of the way! At least Piper will go and sit down somewhere on her own.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads