news scoop: insider account of how the statement was drafted, and the fear-based culture in Wizards offices

Scribe

Legend
Cool! So ... Hasbro just has to wait this out? Because nobody cares about anything for very long, right?

Your going to see pretty much exactly that if history is anything to go by.

You'll see some edition warrior types carry on, and it will have a material impact on many, but most?

People are out here declaring their eternal love to a brand name, thanking a corporation for its benevolence and already justifying going to the movie, because it's a boycott of other things that matter.

Paizo struck while hot, and they needed to.

Well, as a traditionally central source for D&D news (ENW was founded on “leaks”), it would be good if @Morrus would develop a closer relationship with those whose insider leaks have turned out to be true, so that EN News can be in a position to intelligently and quickly sort the wheat from the chaff, and thus remain at the forefront of its original mission.
This seems a little forward.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Also, I'm interested in what WotC do. I find this ongoing soap opera about the internal goings on within the company somewhat distasteful, to be honest.

It isn't just soap opera. It is business practice.

Research has demonstrated the impacts of lacking what is commonly termed "psychological safety" in the workplace. It leads to reduction in productivity, and an inability to overcome problems. Such fear makes your overall organization stupid.

Which is at least consistent with the externally observed behavior.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
you didn’t say: “interesting scoop! i just take issue with delaying further release—it smacks of clickbait.”

so i took your disdain to apply to the entire post.

Except clickbait form implies clickbait content, which is often not the most accurately presented content the world has ever seen... to put it mildly.

i’m impressed with your high professional standards when it comes to amateur reporting on a quickly unfolding situation.

If he wants to be seen as a trustable source, mirroring the behavior of untrustworthy sources is a bad choice.

"Wait until you actually have the story you can print," is pretty basic. If he has to wait until sources are protected, then he should wait, not tease.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I came across this yesterday on Facebook. There's part of it we can check: "Numerous employees have reportedly been fired from Wizartds of the Coast's D&D division for nothing more than voicing their opinion when asked for it."

Has anyone heard even a glimmer of multiple firings?

That stuck out to me as well. I assume (but do not know for sure) that if there had been numerous employees fired by WoTC's D&D division recently, we'd have heard about it.

Remove ads