news scoop: insider account of how the statement was drafted, and the fear-based culture in Wizards offices

you're just a poster
Just a chump/punk. Sounds like Corporate-speak.

I’m not just a poster, I’m a patron and participant in the ENW culture and ENP. Tho I’m not currently, I was a basic financial patron of ENW for a long while.
like me, your post is on the verge of "Thanks for this forum but hey you are not doing your job. This is your job, please do it."
Exactly. That’s what I’m saying to ENWorld D&D News! I’m sayin’ it in the most friendly tone (I like Morrus and all them)…but yeah, I am saying that.

Get on top of these leak pipelines, by personally reaching out to the ones whose stories have proven true.

Last edited:

Haplo781

Legend
I came across this yesterday on Facebook. There's part of it we can check: "Numerous employees have reportedly been fired from Wizartds of the Coast's D&D division for nothing more than voicing their opinion when asked for it."

Has anyone heard even a glimmer of multiple firings?
Lemme just check the public firing notices

Dausuul

Legend
I agree that if there have been a substantial number of people fired recently, that should be possible to dig up either via LinkedIn or anecdotally from people in the industry (of whom there are many on ENWorld). However, the source does not claim all these firings were recent -- they might be spread out over the last year or two.

I also note the word "reportedly" in the section that is quoting the source -- i.e., it is the source who is saying "reportedly," not DND_Shorts. Now, this has been run through a bot so we don't want to read too much into the precise wording; but "reportedly" suggests that the source is giving us secondhand information about the firings. And it is often very hard to get the straight dope on exactly why a coworker was fired.

I don't question that DND_Shorts is accurately reporting what they've been told, and I'm quite ready to believe that the overall atmosphere at WotC is as described. However, we are getting one very narrow glimpse of what's really going on. I'll be interested to see if Linda Codega picks up this one, and if so, what they dig up.

Last edited:

Remove ads