news scoop: insider account of how the statement was drafted, and the fear-based culture in Wizards offices

Ray was not fired.

Also you linked a 3 day old thread.
You mean the twitter thread? Regardless, it slipped through the ENW investigative reporting.

It is likely (tho not 100% certain) that a senior Wizards staffer is courageously putting their job and livelihood on the line in order to leak these insights into the behind-the-scenes workings of the biggest D&D news-story in ten years.

And ENW News is cautiously yawning?

And y’all are busting my chops when i suggest that ENW News get up and go talk to the main leak-reporters? whether they be on twitter or Youtube or whevever. And collaborate with them, or at least make a personal ‘in’ with them, to better sense the scope.

For 24 years I’ve gone to Eric Noah’s World for D&D news!

It may well be that legitimate leaks may continue to be revealing for months to come.

Reynard

Legend
You mean the twitter thread? Regardless, it slipped through the ENW investigative reporting.

It is likely (tho not 100% certain) that a senior Wizards staffer is courageously putting their job and livelihood on the line in order to leak these insights into the behind-the-scenes workings of the biggest D&D news-story in ten years.

And ENW News is cautiously yawning?

And y’all are busting my chops when i suggest that ENW News get up and go talk to the main leak-reporters? whether they be on twitter or Youtube or whevever. And collaborate with them, or at least make a personal ‘in’ with them, to better sense the scope.

For 24 years I’ve gone to Eric Noah’s World for D&D news!

It may well be that legitimate leaks may continue to be revealing for months to come.
I don't understand your stance here. You think that ENWorld should hire staff specifically to chase down leaks from WotC? How does that fit with their mission statement?

Remove ads