• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Next Chicago Gameday - November 15th!!!!

buzz

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
Hey, you punk! :) Don't you still owe me a Dark*Matter game this time around? I won't cry if you want to use d20 Modern rules, of course... ;)
:waves hand:
You don't need to play Dark*Matter.

"We don't need to play Dark*Matter."

Buzz can move along.

"Buzz, you can move along now."

:)

If I can come up with a good idea, find time, and get over phear of running a game at a con, then maybe.

Jaws said:
Maybe I'll carpool with Barendd Nobeard, though we never met.

We could certainly do that!* I might have a friend or two from Milwaukee who try it this time, but even if they chicken out we could car pool. I live in central Milwaukee, so let's discuss this via email.

*If you can stand the smell of cat-crap brownies in the car! :D

Joshua Dyal said:
And I'm serious! I want to run one of those two scenarios, if someone wants to play either of them! :)
I, too, would love to play one of those. Like Buzz said, we need a Game Week this time!

Cthulhu
Synnibar
Joshua Dyal's scenario
Buffy
Trev's CMG game

... and Mark hasn't even piped up with what he wants to run (assuming he does; and I really hope he does).

This will be one Game Day where
  1. there are really tough choices on what to play
  2. everyone signs up quickly to get the freaky game of their choice! :D

It does seem the Chicago gameday venue is developing a reputation as a place to try out really freaky games. Thanks, Matt, to you and the Synnibar game!

MattyHelms

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
It does seem the Chicago gameday venue is developing a reputation as a place to try out really freaky games. Thanks, Matt, to you and the Synnibar game!

That's kind of the point of the Gamedays, I think - the chance to try out something you couldn't normally. I'd hate to see the crazy games overshadow the day, though. An official RPGA event would rock, for example. Not as much as d02 Know no Limit!!!!!!!!!11!!! in my book, but it would be great to have at the Gameday :)

To me, that's the point. But I agree; I think the gameday is doing itself a disservice to have only crazy games. I might just be talked into running both of those scenarios then, just to have a regular(ish) game with a twist. But I also really want to play something. Gah! Too many tough choices!

MattyHelms

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
To me, that's the point. But I agree; I think the gameday is doing itself a disservice to have only crazy games. I might just be talked into running both of those scenarios then, just to have a regular(ish) game with a twist. But I also really want to play something. Gah! Too many tough choices!

Here's one of my crazy late night thoughts. How long have the typical sessions been? I think only two games I've run or played in have gone more than three hours - one was a CMG epic and another involved Synnibarr's two hours of character generation. Do we need 4+ hours per session? Can we, instead of having two large sessions, have three smaller sessions? Something like 9:30 to 1:00, 2:00 to 5:30 and 6:30 to 10:00?

Thoughts, people? As I always say, this day is about you.

-Matt

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads