• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Next Chicago Gameday - November 15th!!!!

MattyHelms

First Post
The people have spoken and the day is set.

The next Chicago Gameday will be November 15th at Games Plus:
Games Plus
101 W. Prospect Ave.
Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
Games Plus website
Thanks again to Curt and Jeff for opening their doors to us.

I don't want to start scheduling until early October, so I will post more details then.

One change to note - to encourage people to get out there and run/signup for some games we are limiting the prize drawings to those people who pre-register for an event. While we still encourage walk-ins, we'd like to reward those who support the Gamedays and take the time to commit to it. This is the best way we can think of to do it.

Again, let's not start scheduling yet, but I'd like to see some people toss around ideas for what they'd like to see or run. If you like something someone suggests, let them know.

As always, let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

MattyHelms

First Post
To get the ball rolling, here are my two ideas for what I want to run:

1.) I will be running World of Synnibarr again in the afternoon slot. Last time, character creation took over two hours and two characters were dead within minutes. TPK in a short time. I may limit seats on this one, since I had eight or nine people play last time. I will, of course, allow spectators :) The stakes will be high with mint copies of the main Synnibarr book and its Ultimate Adventurer's Guide as table prizes.

2.) For Call of Cthulhu - think Kung Fu (yeah, the old TV show) in space with giant bears. I don't want to give away too much, but that's the start of it. Those of you who have gamed with me know what to expect - action, violence, and immature humor. I'm more comfortable running Cthulhu with the original rules, but would feel bad if neither of my games at the ENWorld Gameday were d20! Any input on whether or not anyone would even want to play this game, much less the rules set, would be greatly appreciated.

If I end up playing instead, I sure could go for some Cthulhu. Or some Buffy-style monster fighting. I don't think the d20 version of the awesome M-Force will be released, though, which cuts out that dream.

There is some talk that there will be a Firefly-based game of Classic Traveller. Definitely post here if you want to see that happen. I know I do.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

MattyHelms

First Post
Pbartender said:
Damn. :(

I was really looking forward to playing Synnibarr and running Paranoia.
Maybe I'll see you guys next time.

I really hate to see you miss another Gameday. Any chance of changing your work schedule with this much advance notice?

Later,
Matt

I'll definately be running some form of high-quality entertainment from Creative Mountain Games. I think morning... i usually run in morning... eh... whatever.

I think I'll want to play somethin fun. Cthulhu sounds like a lot of fun, but I'd love to get to play in a d20 Modern game.

I'm thinking I'll run a game and play one -- I've got a few ideas.

1) Ok, everyone knows that the Duchess's tea party is the ultimate lame example of the kind of game that "roleplayers" like to play. Sit around and gasp in astonishment at Count Jeoffrin's crass behavior. Giggle in titillation at the witty reparte of the Duke's latest mistress and his teenage son. Scream in terror as the duchess's body is suddenly ripped open from the inside by the demon host she's been carrying inside her body. Whimper in horror as you realize you're trapped inside her manor far away from the town, and any hope of help. Pick up a weapon and see if you can survive the evening.

2) D02: Know No Limit!!!!11!! The crac team of specail opertivves has to resuce the president from the evill vampire pirats from outer space that suck your're blood and punch your head off!! This game is serious! It has ninjas and crocodiles! All of it maed possible by the geniuos of teh clawring crabbe. This game will roxxors your boxxors and knock off your soxxors. ONly true bad-assses that know no limit need appply, please.

Last edited:

Remove ads