D&D General NFTs Are Here To Ruin Dungeons & Dragons

Oofta

Legend
Yeah. This is why Bitcoin is up around $100 to process a transaction.

Oh, I think they've thought it through. I think that if they can make their millions now, they don't care so much what happens in a few years.

Does it affect the profits these companies get for transaction fees in the next fiscal quarter? No? Then it's not relevant.

With very few exceptions, businesses nowadays don't care about the long term. When you have a product based on valuation of a price bubble, all you care about is that you offload the product before the inevitable bust.

Remathilis

Legend
Yeah. This is why Bitcoin is up around $100 to process a transaction.

Oh, I think they've thought it through. I think that if they can make their millions now, they don't care so much what happens in a few years.
Without turning this political, there are a lot of people who think they will be able to get enough money to make it to Gult's Gulch and ignore the effects of climate change. I wager most of them will have a very rude awakening far too late to fix it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Without turning this political, there are a lot of people who think they will be able to get enough money to make it to Gult's Gulch and ignore the effects of climate change. I wager most of them will have a very rude awakening far too late to fix it.

It is still quite possible to garner enough wealth to dodge the personal impacts of climate change within their own lifetimes.

1) Neither I, nor the other designers working on the project (and yes, there are others, and there will be even more in the near future, and the names on that list will surprise you), are being paid in cryptocurrency. The rates at GRIPNR for creative work are some of the best in the gaming industry. And I should know because I worked at those places.
So.... I saw the potential list of names in the discord and are you at all bothered that they contemplated hiring a known sexual harasser that was banned from a convention for life. CA Suielman...

theliel

Explorer
So.... I saw the potential list of names in the discord and are you at all bothered that they contempla7ted hiring a known sexual harasser that was banned from a convention for life. CA Suielman...
Hey now. CA has spent the past few years saying nothing happened and he's an innocent victim of cancel culture & metoo mentality, and Green Ronin backs him up. So who's to say what happened? It's just CA's word against the victim's. And the VP of the Horror Writers Guild of America. And some of the StokerCon ConCom. [Nick Rekieta voice]It's not like testimony is evidence, so they have no evidence.

The whole thing is a con, the marks are "anyone who has already invested in crypto" and yes, at this point the goal is to allow the founders to perform a blowoff and cash out leaving the marks to lose everything. And it's all powered by desperation as this quote from a cult researcher going to the Bitcoin con found - "Anyway, I'm really hoping we're right," she told me. "Because something's gotta pay off. I can't keep working like this forever."
FQF3LbyXIAQnq13

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
But isn't investing in the dollar or credit card companies the same thing? People invest in banking but there is no real actual anything but what they value the dollar at. The way financial services are moving to digital only and fewer places take money this could be the move to digital.

I agree on the NFT part though.
I mean, both crypto and government-issued currency rely on a shared agreement that the currency has value in order to function. But crucially, the latter is used to facilitate the exchange of actual goods and services, which do have real, tangible value. The latter is used to exchange bits of code that say you “own” other bits of code.

So.... I saw the potential list of names in the discord and are you at all bothered that they contemplated hiring a known sexual harasser that was banned from a convention for life. CA Suielman...
I didn't know who this was (never heard the story) but this is discussed on Wikipedia.

In November 2017, the Horror Writers Association permanently banned Suleiman from its events, citing "a number of incidents that occurred at our previous events involving C.A. Suleiman and female attendees."[8] Shortly thereafter, Green Ronin, publisher of The Lost Citadel fiction anthology and role-playing game, severed ties with Suleiman over the same accusations.[9]

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I'm sorry to inform you, but that whole greed thing is way more pervasive than just crypto. Our society and economy are essentially founded upon the principle of greed. Greed may be toxic, but it's a fairly effective motivator.

Physically real or no, plenty of things that people waste money on are not useful in any way. Beanie Babies, anyone?

And here I was thinking I might be an optimist. Silly me.
When has the “but everyone else is doing it” defense ever worked? Yes, greed is rampant in our current economic system. In many ways, NFT and Crypto trade is just the logical extreme of capitalism. That doesn’t make it ok. It’s bad in both cases. It’s worse in the cryptosphere. It should be condemned in both cases, especially in the cryptosphere.

Remove ads