D&D General NFTs Are Here To Ruin Dungeons & Dragons

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Honestly, if you are in a place in your career where you need to monetize your farts, you are probably so desperate that you will believe any hair-brained scheme that promises rapid, abundant wealth. You've sidestepped reason and logic, and you jumped right over "can this even work?" long before you got to the "how can I monetize my farts?" question.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My plan to monetize my farts is to emulate Foul Ole Ron and make farts of such a stunning quality that they will pay me big money to fart somewhere else :cool:
1649870789270.jpeg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Honestly, if you are in a place in your career where you need to monetize your farts, you are probably so desperate that you will believe any hair-brained scheme that promises rapid, abundant wealth. You've stopped listening to reason and logic long before you got to the "how can I monetize my farts?" question.
AFAIK, Stephanie Matto wasn’t exactly hurtiNG for cash when she started doing so. Afterwards, though…

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
AFAIK, Stephanie Matto wasn’t exactly hurtiNG for cash when she started doing so. Afterwards, though…
That's my understanding as well. She probably came up with the idea on a lark...but everyone else hoping to emulate her, or holding her up as an example of the get-rich-quick-with-computer-money scheme, must truly be in dire financial straights.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
One of the things that amuses me about teckbros, anarcho-capitalists, libertarians and other anti regulatory types is that they forget that a lot of this law and regulation was put in place in response to previous catastrophes. It is a kind of social scar tissue, not just something put in to place to amuse lawyers and bureaucrats.
Absolutely. That's why I'm in favor of the process of regulation in general. There are, however, examples that aren't so exemplary that end up being used as rhetorical weapons, stripped of all nuance, by the anti-regulatory types.
For example, I worked for an electronic medical records software company that spent ungodly numbers of work hours getting the software compliant with "meaningful use" regulations - regulations that mainly existed to demonstrate that the medical record technology adoption grants enabled by the HITECH Act weren't being wasted by the grant recipients. It was a lot of work to comply with regulations that didn't protect the health, safety, or even financial health of the consumers of the products or the patients they served, but to provide concrete data to justify and measure the success of the government's expenditures. And as pro-regulation as I am, even I found that annoying.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Because Bitcoin & Etherium in particular have negligable transaction amounts, it's pretty easy for people to keep up with the transactions being processed. There's no way to launder things when a half dozen socks are the only things in the wash.
They have a whole service designed to launder sadboy fun-money.

The FBI just proved it is as effective as a chainlink umbrella.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
You don't even have to particularly screw up, as Wired's Story (alllllllllllll the content warnings. You can guess the type of people trying to evade detection) - you just need someone with nation-state levels of resources.
BTW - @theliel is not kidding when they said "all the content warnings". It's a Wired article, so it's for the "general public" but it deals with the worst kinds of crime. I teared up reading some parts of that story.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases