• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

Greybar

No Trouble at All
You are right. Interesting. You can ready or loose a shield as a free action with a move, but only draw, not sheathe. Go figure.

Okay, move action to sheathe sword, then execute Total Defense as the standard action, all while remaining at 60N20E.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
There no defense like a gnome defense!

With nerves of steel, Alaska uses a move action to backpedal to 40N20E while drawing out her light crossbow. She then uses her standard action as a move action to load the light crossbow, all while trying to keep the shield between her and the longbow wielding fellow.

(Yeah, I figured boosting AC to 22 would at least give me a good chance to get ready with the crossbow. Let's hope that AC18 is still good enough to load it.)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Now I remember why I don't like the crossbow she mutters to herself. Alaska steps back and looses her shield and snaps off a crossbow shot, hoping it will skewer through the leather armor.

Move action to 20N20E (should be exactly 80ft away), loosing the shield as she goes. Standard action to fire the crossbow. AC dips to 15, since you are right again about the AC.

PJSlavner

Explorer
If I weren't right, Gansk would take my job away as co-moderator, and maybe wipe out my party in his campaign to boot, so I have to be careful (just kidding, Gansk).

Alaska's arrow goes straight up and almost hits him (rolled a 1).

Move to 55N55E and fire another arrow, finally hitting (rolled a 17) for 6 points of damage. Alaska is at -1 and dying. The maenad moves back to 60N85E and readies his bow.

Alaska's cousin the rock gnome (MM) comes into the arena. Your move, Greybar.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Aww! I was getting attached to Alaska there! (snif)

The rock gnome, Buddy, steps in at 60N0E with his crossbow loaded but shield ready. He advances to 60N15E and fires!

PJSlavner

Explorer
I have learned you cannot get too attached. I sympathize. However, the maenad appears unmoved.

As Buddy enters, the maenad fires (rolled a 7) and misses.

Buddy (rolls 22 (natural 19)-2=20 (one handed firing), but a 4 to confirm the crit) for 6 points of damage! The maenad is at -1 HP and dying.

Buddy, you have one round to get ready for what comes in next.

Sorry about the above, but it is not your turn, Buddy. The Neutral creature goes first.

Gansk, the arena is back in your control.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Round 28

No time for celebrating, Buddy.

A cross between a large rat and a wolf, with extremely large toothy jaws, moves to 60N60E.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Yikes! Buddy gets ready for the inevitable charge, hoping the beast will trip over his discarded crossbow on the way.

Buddy drops the now unloaded crossbow (free action) , draws his sword while stepping back to 60N10E, and uses his standard action to ready an attack on the wolf-rat if it attacks, shield raised high.

Remove ads