• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
Round 21

The spider hustles for 20 feet, then gracefully leaps into the air, attempting to land on the gnome at 60N20E.

Alaska takes her readied action. Swish! (Rolled 5)

Alaska takes an AoO. Hit! (Rolled natural 19, natural 1 crit roll) 6 points of damage! The spider falls to the ground, dying!

Alaska goes first in Round 22 before another opponent enters.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Alaska takes a deep breath and simply awaits the next beast.

(Unless the next beastie is slow, I couldn't sheath the sword, loose the shield, ready the crossbow, fire, ready the shield, draw the sword in time... Alaska, like other "warrior" class racial examples, doesn't have the +1 BAB prereq required to do the free draw of a weapon...)

Gansk

Explorer
Actually she has +1 BAB, which is enough to physically move and ready a weapon or shield in the same action.
She doesn't have Quick Draw, which would make readying a weapon a free action.

Round 22:

A bird the size of a housecat with smoky gray plumage enters the arena at 60N115E and flies 55 feet straight up. Its beak is fringed with what looks like cat's whiskers.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Awww... so cute. I think that means this is going to hurt. Where's a spear when I need one?

She readies an attack action to swing at the thing if/when it comes within reach.

(You're right on the BAB, I don't know what I was looking at since I thought I was staring at this)

Gansk

Explorer
Round 23:

The boidy tries a dive attack into Alaska's square.

Alaska takes her readied action, then an AoO.

She misses (rolled 6) and crits! (Rolled natural 19, 21 crit roll) 9 points of damage! The chordevoc drops to the ground dying.

Alaska goes first in Round 24 before a new opponent arrives.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Heh, that was easy. Well, if a plan works, why change it?

She hoists her sword and shield and waits to see what is next.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 24

The next opponent is from the Expanded Psionics Handbook, which I don't have.

Co-moderator PJSlavner will be conducting the combat.

PJSlavner

Explorer
What appears to be a tall, wiry human with sparkling skin and a calm expression enters the arena at 115N115E. He is wielding a longbow, with a scabbard at his side and a shield on his back. He is clad in studded leather armor.

Without a word, he fires his bow (rolling a 20-2=18 for long range) and hits Alaska in the foot, inflicting 1 point of damage. Alaska has 5 HP left. Your move, Alaska.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Crap. That's what I get for not thinking ahead! Trying to keep her head down behind the shield, she cautiously moves forward while sheathing her sword and pulling her light crossbow off it's belt-hook.

Alaska knows she's better with the crossbow than the sword anyway, but right not the man-thing is a good bit outside of best range for her. Move action to 60N40E, sheathing her sword as a free action, then move action to 60N60E drawing her light crossbow as a free action. That conveniently puts her at normal range for the light crossbow, her shield is still ready, but if she doesn't loose the shield before she fires then she'll have to take the -2 for it.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Sheathing a sword is a move action. Drawing a weapon or readying a shield can be combined with a regular move if you have a BAB of +1 or greater, but sheathing a weapon cannot be combined with a regular move. Drawing the crossbow is fine. If you want to sheathe the sword, you cannot fire the crossbow also. You may drop the sword at any point in her move as a free action if you want to fire the crossbow.

Remove ads