• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NG vs. N: Neutral Good Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
Round 14

Greybar said:
(not that it's likely to be an issue, but have you decided to ignore the possibility of running out of ammo?)

If a battle lasts 20 rounds, we are probably in time compress mode and I can keep track of the arrows. If the weapon is thrown, the monster only gets one unless the text says otherwise.

A vulture appears at 60N115E. The anuchu fires and misses. (Rolled 12)

The vulture charges to 60N25E, flying 2 feet off the ground. It bites (Rolled 17) for 2 points of damage. The anuchu has 3 hp left.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 15

The arrow flies by! (Rolled 6)

The vulture hops forward to 60N20E and pecks the ground. (Rolled natural 1)

Time compression?

Gansk

Explorer
Three rounds later...

I had the anuchu keep backing up and firing. He hit once for 4 points of damage. The vulture has 3 hp left and kept missing.

At this point the anuchu is at 60N0E with his bow still out. The vulture is at 60N5E.

The anuchu goes first in Round 19.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Okay, the anchu takes a move action to step to 65N0E (sucking up an AoO), then to 70N5E to 70N15 (i.e. getting more room to backup). Then use standard action to fire again.

After the AoO and the inevitable vulture attack, return to backing up and firing until one dies or draw happens.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 19

The vulture hits with AoO! (Rolled 12) 3 points of damage! The anuchu is disabled!

The anuchu completes his move to 70N15E, but is too weak to fire.

The vulture hops to 65N10E and attacks. Hits! (Rolled 18) 1 point of damage!

Round 20:

The anuchu is defeated!

Next up for NG: a forest gnome! (MM)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
The Gnome, Alaska, steps in with her longsword ready. She's seen the defeat of the bow/crossbow users enough to know that steel with decide this matter. She charges in from 55N0E and ends at 60N10E with a swing of steel and a cry of "For Gnome-bodies everywhere!"

Gansk

Explorer
Round 20

The gnome slashes the bird! (Rolled 20+2 for charge = 22) 4 points of damage! The vulture drops.

A small-sized white-haired spider moves to 60N60E.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
That's a big spider! says the pint-size gnome.

Alaska sees that with the spider's speed of movement there is no time to unhook her crossbow and make it ready. And it's just a bit too far away for her short legs to allow her to charge it. So instead she strolls to 60N20E and drops into a ready stance, her longsword prepared in case the spider gets close enough for a swing.

(i.e. std action readied to attack when it comes in range.)

Remove ads