• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Legildur

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I'll wait on purchases then before playing through the travel :)
Well, if we're to leave the money handling up to Kel, then we'll leave the purchasing decisions up to him as well.

Rations 36gp
Leather Armor 20gp
Rapier 20gp
5 sunrods 10gp
50ft rope 1gp
arrows (20) 1gp

Would be 88gp of our 90gp.

Kel can decide what we do and don't need.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
"Oh, no! All my ... I mean, our ... lovely gold."

OK, forget about the rapier - but he will buy another dagger.

Do you know, I never bothered to look closely at sunrods before - I was always just put off by the price. I didn't even realize they burned for 6 hours as opposed to a torch's 1 hour.

Kel's got 4 days' rations already, so make that 34 gp for the food. That still gives us all enough for 12 days.

Rations 34 gp
Leather Armor 20 gp
Dagger 2 gp
5 sunrods 10 gp
50ft rope 1 gp
arrows (40) 2 gp

That's a total of 69 gp.

Oh, I've just realized that Kel has a hooded lantern and a flask of oil. Would we like to go with the lantern and some extra oil instead of sunrods? We could save 9.6 gp that way.

"And by the way, my rope was a silken one, so I hope somebody'll be replacing that later on. And you still owe me 30 gp for the healing ... although, come to think of it, maybe we'll call that quits. :eek: Thanks, Nhalia!"

Jolmo

First Post
Shan has 3 sunrods already, and apparently Titus has 3 as well. (Unless one of those were used?) So some extra oil should be all that's needed.

We have a total of 10 rations between us, so we can save another 3 gp there as well. :)

The armor... likely won't be used much after the journey, but I'll abide if you think it's worth it.

Legildur

First Post
Okay, it sounds like the sunrods are already taken care of, so we can leave that off the list.

Extra oil sounds smart to me.

Dagger is a obvious one for Kel.

I think the leather armor for Shan is a good idea as otherwise, instead of like 11 days travel to the capital we are talking 17 days..... Even if we sell it at half value at the other end I still think it makes a good investment.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Legildur said:
Okay, it sounds like the sunrods are already taken care of, so we can leave that off the list.

Extra oil sounds smart to me.

Dagger is a obvious one for Kel.

I think the leather armor for Shan is a good idea as otherwise, instead of like 11 days travel to the capital we are talking 17 days..... Even if we sell it at half value at the other end I still think it makes a good investment.
I think Jolmo means that Shan would just be going unarmoured if you don't get the leather as opposed to stubbornly wearing his chainmail and slowing you down. It seems like a good investment to me in case I roll you a hostile random encounter (or if I have a planned encounter :]). Once I know for sure about the armour, I can probably let you keep purchasing some of the simple sundries as we continue :)

Legildur

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Once I know for sure about the armour, I can probably let you keep purchasing some of the simple sundries as we continue :)
Well, you can take the armor as a given since both Blunt and Kel support it, Sulannus and Shan didn't oppose it, and Titus hasn't commented on it.

jkason

First Post
Since we took over a week in travel, I assume we're all finally back to full HP? I think our characters probably forgot what being whole and healthy felt like. ;)

jason

Rystil Arden

First Post
jkason said:
Since we took over a week in travel, I assume we're all finally back to full HP? I think our characters probably forgot what being whole and healthy felt like. ;)

jason
Nhalia would have gotten you guys healed back to full by the second day of travel at the latest by pumping out healing spells, so yeah ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads