Nilbog! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh!!!!!

Halivar

First Post
Isn't that the name of the town from Trolls 2 where the trolls were turning people into plants and eating them?

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Yes. Yes it is. But it's also the name of one of the craziest monsters to make it into the Fiend Folio. They're literally backwards goblins. The only way to harm them is to use healing spells, as they gain temporary hit points when hit with actual damage. And they have an aura that makes everyone within act completely oppositely to their normal personality.

And, if ever I was to run them, they talk like Bizarro.

Demiurge out.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Bizarro Murphy: For the last time cretins, where is the Destruct-O-Beam?
Quinn: Look, we don't have one of those.
Murphy: Just give him the damn beans!
Quinn: We don't have a beam.
Bizarro Murphy: The Destruct-O-Beam is the most powerful destructive weapon ever wrought by man. Capable of vaporizing earth into... vapor.
Sparks: Why would we blow up the earth... where we are? Right now?
Bizarro Murphy: Because it's Bizarro.
Sparks: It's stupid.
Bizarro Murphy: Bizarro.
Sparks: Stupid!

Wycen

Explorer
BOZ said:
Bizarro Murphy: For the last time cretins, where is the Destruct-O-Beam?
Quinn: Look, we don't have one of those.
Murphy: Just give him the damn beans!
Quinn: We don't have a beam.
Bizarro Murphy: The Destruct-O-Beam is the most powerful destructive weapon ever wrought by man. Capable of vaporizing earth into... vapor.
Sparks: Why would we blow up the earth... where we are? Right now?
Bizarro Murphy: Because it's Bizarro.
Sparks: It's stupid.
Bizarro Murphy: Bizarro.
Sparks: Stupid!

:D Bizarro Murphy: Yes, Bizarro Debbie, take him away for interrogation, Bizarro style...

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
NILBOG is the solution to a word puzzle in Might & Magic VI.
I spent two hours figuring out the puzzle in a dungeon that contained mostly goblins, only to find the solution was "goblin" spell backwards.

Kind of irritating.

JustKim

First Post
BlueBlackRed said:
NILBOG is the solution to a word puzzle in Might & Magic VI.
I spent two hours figuring out the puzzle in a dungeon that contained mostly goblins, only to find the solution was "goblin" spell backwards.

Kind of irritating.
Good to hear someone else plays Might & Magic, I hope that puzzle didn't turn you off to the series. It's a lot less difficult if you read a scroll in the dungeon basement written by the "Drawkcab Monks", which tells what letter does what.

the Jester

Legend
Soooo... any stories?

C'mon, where are the old-skoolers??

(though I must admit that I don't recall fighting a nilbog off hand, and I've been a hardcore gamer since 1981...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases