No XP/Laughs?

CapnZapp

Legend
That said, the xp system didn't work on the app. Or rather, there was two systems running in parallell: I could see likes and hearts given by app users (and I could see my previous likes and hearts) on the app. In a browser none of that showed. On the other hand, I could see xp and laughs given by desktop users (and I could see my previous xp and laughts) in the browser. In the app none of that showed.

I imagine the new system means everything works everywhere now, which I consider an improvement.

I can confirm, however, that the "menu" of various likes is not available in the app. People talking about "long press" must be talking about how to make the menu show in their mobile browsers (not in the EN World app).

Sadras

Legend
I always liked the old rep system better anyway, since you could only get repped by newbs, as it would stop anyone from repping you who had repped you recently. As such, I thought it encouraged people to be nice and helpful in a way that the like system just encouraged cliques.

Yeah some online play-by-post dudes (and there was one in particular) were climbing the charts XPing each other which was ridiculous. I'm convinced this was one of the concerns.

I used to take a peverse pride in my low-level status - I mean, only gaining a level every year or so is so old school, right? - but I had a notification last week someone had given me some XP, but the site went down before I could find out who it was, and what it was for. And that makes me a little sad.

So thank you, whoever you were; I'm sorry the moment was lost in the site upgrade.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
I used to take a peverse pride in my low-level status - I mean, only gaining a level very year or so is so old school, right? - but I had a notification last week someone had given me some XP, but the site went down before I could find out who it was, and what it was for. And that makes me a little sad.

So thank you, whoever you were; I'm sorry the moment was lost in the site upgrade.

“Footfalls echo in the memory, down the passage we did not take, towards the door we never opened, into the rose garden.”
― T.S. Eliot

Rune

Once A Fool
That said, the xp system didn't work on the app. Or rather, there was two systems running in parallell: I could see likes and hearts given by app users (and I could see my previous likes and hearts) on the app. In a browser none of that showed. On the other hand, I could see xp and laughs given by desktop users (and I could see my previous xp and laughts) in the browser. In the app none of that showed.

I imagine the new system means everything works everywhere now, which I consider an improvement.

I can confirm, however, that the "menu" of various likes is not available in the app. People talking about "long press" must be talking about how to make the menu show in their mobile browsers (not in the EN World app).

Funny thing: I can’t count the amount of accidental likes I’ve handed out just by scrolling through that app.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
On a desktop, it seems my only option is "Like". Someone just reacted to one of my posts with a Laugh, so I assume that's still a thing - but how do I access it?

Nagol

Unimportant
On a desktop, it seems my only option is "Like". Someone just reacted to one of my posts with a Laugh, so I assume that's still a thing - but how do I access it?

Hover your mouse over the "Like" link. Six different emojis should show up in a pop-up box. Pick the one you want to use.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Ah, that might be it...though other sites don't have an issue bringing up content on a hover, using the same settings. Curious.

Remove ads