D&D 5E Noble Background MIA (and what is probably is)

Remathilis

Legend
So the Basic Rules give us five suggested backgrounds: Solider (fighter), Criminal (rogue), Sage (wizard), Acolyte (cleric), and Folk Hero (any). However, the pre-gens in the Starter set have a sixth one: Noble, which is not in the Basic PDF.

Disappointed (I wanted to make a noble), I tried to reverse engineer it from the fighter pre-gen and the basic rules. This is my attempt:

Skill Proficiency: History, Persuasion (The fighter has athletics, persuasion, history, perception on his skills list. Persuasion is not on the fighter choice list, so that has to be from background, and history makes the most sense of the remaining ones).
Language Proficiency: Any one (the fighter has two extra languages, and one of them comes from being human).
Tool Proficiency: One Gaming set (He has cards as a proficiency, and it didn't come from the Fighter class).

Feature: Position of Privilege (As fighter char-sheet).

Everything else is a blank for now. Maybe WotC can "preview" it for the PHB?

So, to format what we have so far as the Basic rules do:

Noble
Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
Languages: One of your choice
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set
Equipment: A signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, a set of fine clothes, and a pouch of 25 gold pieces.
Feature: Position of Privilege

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
So, to format what we have so far as the Basic rules do:

Noble
Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
Languages: One of your choice
Tool Proficiencies: One type of gaming set
Equipment: A signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, a set of fine clothes.
Feature: Position of Privilege

Yup. I'd go with that until we get the PHB.

VengerSatanis

High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing
That's their noble. Why not make your own? Those are the kind of "character options" that really matter, in my humble opinion.

VS

Remove ads