Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Joining the group is a small, slender elf, clearly from nowhere nearby.

His skin is very dark--not black like the drow, but deep yellowish brown, as if he has been tanned through and through by the sun. His long, black hair is perfectly straight, and gathered into a braid that extends to his waist. It has been tied back with a saffron-yellow sash that wends its way down the braid's length, and is capped with a brass point.

His outfit is very simple. A loose white linen tunic with only the barest amount of styling is above similar loose white linen breeches. He wears leather sandals, and slight glimpses of leather armbands are visible, with a number of tiny bone and metal points ensheathed. The only evidence of his spending any time locally is the finely crafted rapier at his belt.

He greets the group with a deep bow, tossing his braid forward and causing the brass tip hit the floor with a *snap*. "Many greetings, fellow questers. Some know me, some do not. I am Quozen Ilphukiir, of the Monastic Order of the Nightingale. I concede that I am most excited by our mission, and feel it shall be one of great learning. My sword and fist are at your service."

Last edited:

ethandrul

First Post
Hasin Dwarven Ranger

Hasin approaches the group
the dwarf looks around at the rest of the party- frowns and shakes his head sadly.

SO, it looks like we are fated to die together after all! Quozan, Jace- Droogle my cousin! As to the rest of you, I am Hasin, ranger I hail from the lands of fire where the only thing hotter then the sands are our women! HA HA!
The dwarf is ugly, and crude. his clothing however is clean and neat. He is dressed in layers of light colored robes and an intricately wrapped scarf adorns his head. His beard is short and neat.
the most obvious weapons are a large clean axe and the new looking spikes jutting from his armor
I hope we can work together well- Quozan, Jace Droogle and I have...had some action together recently- and I assume you will all be fine additions to our group
Hasin eyes them- silently sizing them up
We're doomed

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The delegate from Monemvassia gathers the group together for a meeting. He brings with him a red-haired young woman dressed in similar robes.*

"Greetings adventurers. I am sure you all know me, the great Monemvassian Court Wizard Wimpell Frump. Why don't you each tell me why I should choose you as one of the members of my team in the name and glory of the great nation of Monemvassia?"

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace stands up straight, Well, for starters, We've volunteered for this assignment to do our part to save the world from an ancient undead evil, so if you reject us, you can go home and pray for a quick death.
Second, we each have some skills to contribute to our mission. For example, I can channel divine energy into spells. If you stay on my good side, I might even frighten away the undead guards we will surely face
Intimidate Frump (1d20+1=21)
OOC: Jace's comments are venomous because he noticed everyone from Orussus avoiding Frump, and is suspiscous.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmmm, no then, not you. You are clearly do not have the appropriate demeanour and character to be trusted on such a mission. For all I know, you could be planning to sell out our glorious kingdom to the Lichwyrm. As sponsor, I shall have to find someone a bit more reliable. Fortunately, there were other adventurers left over. Gloria, go find someone better," Frump shakes his head, "Someone with the sense not to try to intimidate his new patron and a mighty Wizard to boot."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
jaker2003 said:
OOC: oh, C'mon, I rolled a natural 20!
(OOC: Was that Intimidate check in there to begin with or was that the edit? I swear I didn't see it.

I'll roll an opposed check, but remember Frump gets to add his character level + Wis bonus + fear bonuses

14 + 10 = 24

It stands. You could try to kiss up to Frump to get him to change his mind though)

Remove ads