Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: We still need the Dwarves, even if they just decide to re-ready the same actions--I'm guessing it's the ENWorld site slowdown that's holding us up)

jaker2003

Explorer
OOC: I think the dwarves were played by some guys in school, using the campus computers to play online. I guess they didn't schedule any summer classes.

I propose that we have Rystil run them as NPCs until the players return, or until new players can replace them.
How does everyone feel about this?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: With no objections, I shall do so--sorry for the delay, I had serious connection troubles)

*The dwarves ready attacks for the first zombies to come into range. And, of course, that is just what happens, as the remaining zombies pour forward, the weight of their rotting bodies slamming against the front line presented by the dwarves, as they both swing and injure one of the attacking zombies while holding off the overpowering stench of death. Hasin and Droggle each take one hit, and while they are surrounded by a near wall of undeath, several more zombies slip past towards the clerics, though they are unable to attack just yet.*

(OOC: Each of the PCs gets another action)

*The dwarves attack again, and though Hasin's attack swings wide, Droggle chops his injured zombie in twain.*

jaker2003

Explorer
Posting this again for convienence (or however its spelled)

Self said:
Anything that doesn't have a pulse that gets past the dwarves triggers a turn undead attempt
Turn Undead 4/day (60ft., d20+3 to turn, 2d6+3 damage)

And so you don't have to wait for me,
Jace's Intended actions:
1. Cast Bless for self and allies.
2. Swap crossbow for morningstar.
3. Cast Protection from Evil on self.
4. Hurl flasks of oil into the throngs of undead
5. Target as many of the oil-laden undead as possible with Jace's Burning Hands spell.

EDIT: OOPS! Anything that gets up next to Jace gets whacked with a morningstar (+1 to attack, 1d8 damage) or a gauntlet, depending on Jace's state of readiness.

If I read Rystil's post right, then I need to turn undead:
Turning check; Turning damage (Cleric 2) (1d20+3=9, 2d6+3=13)
I think that means Jace destroys up to 13 HD worth of 1HD undead within 60ft. and turns none.
Handy Turn Undead SRD Link

thegreyman

First Post
Enheartened by his two successful turns, Dorrin tries once more to push some of the unholy minions away. However, the thick amounts of unholy energy presented by the crowd of undead means his pulse of positive energy is weakened drastically.

Dorrin's Third turning (1d20+2=7, 2d6+4=12)

[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spell Save DC (13 + spell lvl)
0 - Create Water, Light, Light, Create Water
1 - Bless, Bless, Shield of Faith, Magic Weapon (D)

Turn Undead (5/day, +2 to turn, 2d6+4 Damage): 2 Remaining
War Domain: Weapon Focus and Proficiency w/ longsword
Luck Domain: 1/day Reroll once before success/failure, Must keep second roll.
[/sblock]

Remove ads